Reporter sues for release of indictment in JonBenet Ramsey case
09/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Colorado – A reporter has filed a lawsuit for the release of an indictment in the murder case of JonBenet Ramsey. As reported by UPI.com, the reporter and press advocacy groups are pursuing the forced release of a secret 1999 grand jury indictment of the parents of JonBenet by the Boulder County district attorney.
The lawsuit was filed by Daily Camera reporter Charlie Brennan and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press. The newspaper asserts there was confirmation by two members of the grand jury that they had voted to indict John and Patsy Ramsey on child abuse leading to death charges but there was a refusal by then D.A. Alex Hunter to sign the document.
Attorney Thomas B. Kelley is quoted in the report as writing in the filing, “The plaintiffs believe… that the indictment is a criminal justice record that reflects official action by the grand jury, and accordingly that it is subject to mandatory disclosure upon request… Alternatively, they argue the indictment should be disclosed to the public because such disclosure would serve the public interest in government transparency and not be contrary to the public interest nor cause undue adverse effect upon the privacy of the individual.”
JonBenet was found dead in the basement of her parents home in 1996. She was six-years-old at the time of her death. The Boulder District Attorney’s office announced in 2008 that her parents and their son Burke, had been exonerated by DNA evidence.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Colorado Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Bill O’Reilly calls exaggerated report claims ‘smear campaign’
- Texas immigration attorney arrested for visa application forgery
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ star to receive award after comments about LBGT community
- Kanye West seeks “Steve Jobs of Gap” status
- Vanilla Ice accused of burglary of renovated home
- Hiker found frozen to death in New Hampshire
- Niagara Falls even bigger attraction frozen
- Lawsuit filed by Food Network show host over Contessa Chef Inspired foods
- Model Katherine Webb speaks out about issues with online bullying
- Anne Boleyn portraits inaccurate?