Florida pastor arrested prior to carrying out plan to burn Qurans
09/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Mulberry, Florida – A Florida pastor was arrested before being able to carry out his plan to burn nearly 3,000 Qurans. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 44 were arrested Wednesday for unlawful conveyance of fuel and other charges on what marked the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Jones, who was driving a pickup truck towing a grill that was filled with copies of the Muslim holy books that were soaked in kerosene, said he was planning to burn 2,998 of the books for each of the victims of the attacks. He was also charged with the misdemeanor unlawful open-carry of a firearm.
Both Jones and Sapp, who was also charged with having no valid registration for the trailer, were booked into the Polk County jail.
Jones pastors a small Evangelical Christian church.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Florida Legal News
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Michelle Bachman: Gay community has ‘intimidated politicians’
- House cat traps family in bedroom during rampage
- Joran van der Sloot extradition to U.S. planned for 2038
- Judge rules Texas man can be tried for childhood attack
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.