Florida pastor arrested prior to carrying out plan to burn Qurans
09/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Mulberry, Florida – A Florida pastor was arrested before being able to carry out his plan to burn nearly 3,000 Qurans. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Pastor Terry Jones, 61, and his associate pastor, Marvin Sapp Jr., 44 were arrested Wednesday for unlawful conveyance of fuel and other charges on what marked the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Jones, who was driving a pickup truck towing a grill that was filled with copies of the Muslim holy books that were soaked in kerosene, said he was planning to burn 2,998 of the books for each of the victims of the attacks. He was also charged with the misdemeanor unlawful open-carry of a firearm.
Both Jones and Sapp, who was also charged with having no valid registration for the trailer, were booked into the Polk County jail.
Jones pastors a small Evangelical Christian church.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Florida Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult