Char-Broil Patio Bistro Grills Recalled Following Injury Reports
08/21/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Char-Broil® Gas Patio Bistro® grills are being voluntarily recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Char-Broil after burn hazards were discovered. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 15, 2013.
The Char-Broil® Gas Patio Bistro® grills were recalled after it was discovered that the electronic ignition can unexpectedly ignite and pose a burn hazard to consumers.
“The recall involves two Char-Broil® Gas Patio Bistro® Grills: the model 240 Full Size grill and the model 180 Table Top grill. Both are single-burner propane gas grills equipped with a battery-operated integrated electronic ignition and intended only for outdoor use. The grills have round black bodies with silver/aluminum trim. The words ‘Char-Broil®’ and ‘Patio Bistro®’ are printed near the thermometer on the grill’s lid and near the control knob on the front of the grill. The grills have a rating label on the bottom support on the back of the unit that states ‘Char-Broil, LLC,’ the model number and other information, the CPSC reported.
There have been 26 reports concerning the defective product, with four of them citing injuries that included burns to the nose, chin and hair.
Consumers are advised to contact Char-Broil to receive instructions on how to order and install a free repair kit.
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact Char-Broil toll free at (866) 671-7988 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET Saturday, or online at www.charbroil.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- High Court weighs excessive force against accused not yet convicted of crimes
- Opposition to a Discriminatory Practice
- Four die in Sacramento wrong-way crash
- Oklahoma high court sides with Continental CEO in divorce settlement case
- Federal judge oks jury trials for BP oil spill medical lawsuits
- Houston Car Accident Prevention Tips from Houston car accident lawyers
- Son of Republican presidential candidate cited in alleged alcohol related crash
- Selling Your Business . . . and Sticking Around
- Cardiologist accused of attempting to have rival doctor killed
- Former Daimler worker files lawsuit alleging discrimination