Char-Broil Patio Bistro Grills Recalled Following Injury Reports
08/21/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Char-Broil® Gas Patio Bistro® grills are being voluntarily recalled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Char-Broil after burn hazards were discovered. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 15, 2013.
The Char-Broil® Gas Patio Bistro® grills were recalled after it was discovered that the electronic ignition can unexpectedly ignite and pose a burn hazard to consumers.
“The recall involves two Char-Broil® Gas Patio Bistro® Grills: the model 240 Full Size grill and the model 180 Table Top grill. Both are single-burner propane gas grills equipped with a battery-operated integrated electronic ignition and intended only for outdoor use. The grills have round black bodies with silver/aluminum trim. The words ‘Char-Broil®’ and ‘Patio Bistro®’ are printed near the thermometer on the grill’s lid and near the control knob on the front of the grill. The grills have a rating label on the bottom support on the back of the unit that states ‘Char-Broil, LLC,’ the model number and other information, the CPSC reported.
There have been 26 reports concerning the defective product, with four of them citing injuries that included burns to the nose, chin and hair.
Consumers are advised to contact Char-Broil to receive instructions on how to order and install a free repair kit.
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact Char-Broil toll free at (866) 671-7988 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET Saturday, or online at www.charbroil.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Could Technology Have Prevented The Metro-North Commuter Train Derailment?
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City