BP files lawsuit against government
08/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Houston – BP has filed a lawsuit against the government over new contracts following the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. As reported by the Huffington Post, the oil giant filed the suit over an Environmental Protection Agency order, which prohibits BP from obtaining new federal contracts to supply services following the company pleading guilty to criminal charges in connection with the spill.
BP is reportedly seeking an injunction to lift the suspension order, which was issued in November of last year and affects only new federal contracts. The EPA order includes 21 entities of BP.
The 2010 oil spill was caused by an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig, which resulted in more than 200 million gallons of oil being leaked into the Gulf.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Houston Legal News.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Ryan O’Neal says Farrah Fawcett Warhol portrait belongs to him
- Chicago pension crisis a growing concern
- Obama attends Mandela memorial in South Africa
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt admit to blowing through millions
- French breast implant maker receives jail sentence
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend seeks to have domestic violence charges dropped
- Lamar Odom gets probation in DUI plea deal
- Johnson & Johnson officials accused of destroying vaginal mesh files
- Snapchat files for restraining order over information disclosure
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say