BP files lawsuit against government
08/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Houston – BP has filed a lawsuit against the government over new contracts following the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. As reported by the Huffington Post, the oil giant filed the suit over an Environmental Protection Agency order, which prohibits BP from obtaining new federal contracts to supply services following the company pleading guilty to criminal charges in connection with the spill.
BP is reportedly seeking an injunction to lift the suspension order, which was issued in November of last year and affects only new federal contracts. The EPA order includes 21 entities of BP.
The 2010 oil spill was caused by an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig, which resulted in more than 200 million gallons of oil being leaked into the Gulf.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Houston Legal News.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot
- Mayor arrested on drug cartel extortion charges
- Former priest convicted in sex abuse case
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident