Gerber® Uppercut™ Knife and Sheath Sets Recalled for Injury Risks
08/12/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — A laceration hazard has prompted the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPS) and Gerber Legendary Blades to voluntarily recall Gerber® Uppercut™ Fixed Blade Knife and Sheath sets. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 6, 2013.
The Gerber® Uppercut™ Knife and Sheath sets were recalled after discovering that the Uppercut sheath doesn’t hold the knife securely, which allows the knife to separate from the sheath and poses a laceration risk.
“All Uppercut Knife and Sheath sets include a black nylon sheath with an engraved Gerber sword and shield logo printed on the front and ‘GERBER’ engraved on the snap clip on the back. The sheaths are approximately 2.25-inches long and 1.25-inches wide at the top, tapering down to 0.5-inch at the base. The knife sold with the sheath is a T-handled knife with an overall length of 4-inches and a 2-inch double-edged blade that snaps into the molded sheath. The knife has a laser marked white sword and shield logo on the front and a white alphanumeric code on the back tang of the knife. The Uppercut sets that were sold in a box have model number 30-000650 printed on the box. Sets sold in blister pack packaging have model number 31-001727 printed on the packaging,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact Gerber Legendary Blades for instructions to exchange your sheath for a free replacement.
For more information concerning the Gerber® Uppercut™ Knife and Sheath set recall, please contact Gerber Legendary Blades toll-free at (800) 289-4560 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or online at www.gerbergear.com and click on “Product Notifications” at the bottom of the page for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Ron Bell Wants You to Know About Diabetes Risk and Lipitor
- Ron Bell is Concerned About Yaz Birth Control and Cardiac Risk
- U.S. Customs May Be Ramping Up U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Verifications
- What do you do if you get in an accident? Ron Bell has your back.
- First Hispanic-American to receive the FBA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- EU Shrinks Tax on Made in U.S. Jeans
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin