Bus Accident Leaves Infant Dead; New Jersey Bus Driver Charged
08/12/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
West New York, NJ — A bus driver, who was involved in a chain-reaction crash that left a baby dead, is facing a slew of charges after allegedly using a cell phone while behind the wheel. The fatal automobile accident occurred on Tuesday, July 30, 2013, on Boulevard East near 56th Street, CBS New York reports.
According to the Hudson County Sheriff’s Office, the bus driver, Idowu Daramola, 48, of Thornwood, was allegedly on his cell phone while operating the bus on Boulevard East when it lost control, jumped a curb and hit a lamppost. The lamppost then fell onto a baby carriage with an 8-month-old inside.
The bus continued and hit another lamppost and trees before hitting several parked cars along Boulevard East.
The baby, identified by neighbors as Angelie Paredes, suffered massive head injuries and was rushed to an area hospital, along with her mother, Maylin Paredes, who was in shock.
Angelie was pronounced death at the hospital.
Responding emergency medical crews also rushed Daramola to the hospital for treatment of injuries.
Police have charged Daramola with reckless driving, using a cellphone while driving, and death by auto.
Investigations into the fatal bus accident are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New Jersey wrongful death lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin
- Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
- CPSC: Edoche Children’s Spoon & Fork Sets Recalled for Choking Hazards
- NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
- 30-Car Pile-Up on Gowanus Expressway Injures 8 In Brooklyn
- Yankee Candle Recalls Pine Berry Candle Ring for Fire Hazards
- Using a Pessary to Relieve Pelvic Organ Prolapse Symptoms