Patient shot while in Pennsylvania hospital
07/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Pennsylvania – A patient was shot by a stray bullet while at a Pennsylvania hospital Monday night. As reported by ABC News, authorities say the bullet traveled for more than a mile before breaking through a window and hitting the woman in the abdomen.
The identity of the 62-year-old patient was not released. Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan is quoted in the report as stating of the incident at a press conference, “She heard a popping sound, then reached down to her side, her abdominal area, where she noticed she was in pain and had blood coming out of that area.”
A spokesperson for the Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland, Pa., Katrina Stier, is quoted as saying of the woman’s condition in a statement to ABCNews.com, “The patient was taken to surgery and is now in fair (stable) condition.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Pennsylvania legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dismissal of Florida smoker lawsuits against tobacco companies upheld by court
- Wyoming workplace deaths decline, study shows
- Remains of missing Tennessee woman identified
- Kris Jenner increases security after receiving death threats?
- Google announces acquisition of Lift Labs
- Jury award reduced by half in police car crash case
- Man arrested after allegedly stalking Bristol Palin
- Trump Taj Mahal could close amid bankruptcy filing
- Actress dies after being struck by tree
- Royal couple expecting second child