Boy killed in Oklahoma 4th of July parade
07/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Edmund, Oklahoma – A young boy was fatally injured in a central Oklahoma 4th of July parade. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the 8-year-old child was accidentally run over by his father after falling or getting down from a float he had been riding on at the end of the LibertyFest parade that took place in Edmond.
According to Police Officer James Hamm, the child was struck to the ground by a decorated part of the float. Hamm is quoted by the AP as stating, “The driver, obviously unknowing what was going on, drove forward and ran over the child… It’s just a freak, unfortunate accident.”
The father was reportedly not expected to face charges in connection with the incident.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Oklahoma injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment
- Target in Pennsylvania school stabbing rampage unknown
- Ethics complaint filed by outdoors enthusiasts over bill changes
- Families sue Disney over access ride policy for disabled