Boy killed in Oklahoma 4th of July parade
07/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Edmund, Oklahoma – A young boy was fatally injured in a central Oklahoma 4th of July parade. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the 8-year-old child was accidentally run over by his father after falling or getting down from a float he had been riding on at the end of the LibertyFest parade that took place in Edmond.
According to Police Officer James Hamm, the child was struck to the ground by a decorated part of the float. Hamm is quoted by the AP as stating, “The driver, obviously unknowing what was going on, drove forward and ran over the child… It’s just a freak, unfortunate accident.”
The father was reportedly not expected to face charges in connection with the incident.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Oklahoma injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Justin Bieber compares paparazzi accident to Princess Diana tragedy
- Shirt resembling concentration camp uniforms pulled from clothing line
- Painkiller overdose deaths may be decreased by medical marijuana laws
- Child accidently shoots instructor in head at shooting range
- Bill and Melinda Gates offer $1 million to gun control coalition
- Square introduces update that allows people to text money
- Netflix petitions against Comcast/Time Warner Cable merger
- Actor apologizes for arrest of son
- Study suggests weight loss more difficult for poor
- Navy nurse sent back to U.S. after refusing to force-feed hunger strikers