Boy killed in Oklahoma 4th of July parade
07/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Edmund, Oklahoma – A young boy was fatally injured in a central Oklahoma 4th of July parade. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the 8-year-old child was accidentally run over by his father after falling or getting down from a float he had been riding on at the end of the LibertyFest parade that took place in Edmond.
According to Police Officer James Hamm, the child was struck to the ground by a decorated part of the float. Hamm is quoted by the AP as stating, “The driver, obviously unknowing what was going on, drove forward and ran over the child… It’s just a freak, unfortunate accident.”
The father was reportedly not expected to face charges in connection with the incident.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Oklahoma injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage