Lawsuit filed against News Corp over “I will destroy you” comment
06/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A lawsuit has been filed against News Corp over a remark made several years ago by former New York Post publisher and current News America Marketing CEO, Paul Carlucci. As reported by Reuters, Carlucci’s comment “I will destroy you” in a meeting 14 years ago, and other actions since have purportedly cost the corporation $655 million in legal fees, which includes settlement for a string of lawsuits by grocery and supermarket coupon businesses.
Retirement provider, the Iron Workers Mid-South Pension Fund, is alleging in the suit that the ongoing legal actions have damaged its stockholding in News Corp.
The complaint is quoted by Reuters as stating, “Defendant Carlucci made no secret that defendant R. Murdoch was personally instructing him to go after News America’s competitors… In fact, according to the founders of Floorgraphics, George and Richard Rebh, defendant Carlucci once told them, ‘I will destroy you. I work for a man who wants it all, and doesn’t understand anybody telling him he can’t have it all.’ The ‘man’ defendant Carlucci was referring to, of course, was defendant R. Murdoch.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dean McDermott claims relationship with Spelling improving
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before