Settlement reached in Brett Favre text lawsuit
05/24/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A lawsuit filed against retired NFL quarterback Brett Favre over sexually suggestive texts has been settled. As reported by The Christian Science Monitor, the terms of the settlement were not released; however, an attorney for two massage therapists who brought forth the allegations that the former football player sent them inappropriate texts stated Friday that the lawsuit had been “resolved and discontinued.”
As noted in the report, Christina Scavo and Shannon O’Toole were seeking unspecified damages in the case in which they alleged they lost their jobs with the New York Jets after making complaints about the text messages they say Favre sent. The Jets have purported that the women had never been guaranteed work on an ongoing basis with the team.
Favre has been retired from the NFL since 2010.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’