OJ Simpson to return to Las Vegas court for hearing
05/10/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Las Vegas – Former football star OJ Simpson is set to appear at a Las Vegas court hearing next week to seek a new trial. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Simpson is expected to testify at the hearing, which will be held at the courthouse where he received a conviction for armed robbery and kidnapping in 2008. He is reportedly making a bid for a new trial on the grounds of his case being botched by his attorney, Yale Galanter.
Simpson, 65, who was acquitted in the murder of his ex-wife and her friend in 1995, was sentenced to 9 to 33 years in prison in 2008 over an incident in which he with a group of men took sports memorabilia at gunpoint.
Simpson is quoted by the AP as saying in a sworn statement, “I fully disclosed my plan to Yale Galanter, and he advised me that I was within my legal rights.”
Galanter is also expected to testify at the hearing.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Las Vegas legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father
- Measure allowing surprise inspections at abortions clinics advances in Arizona
- Major changes for SAT, first update in nearly a decade
- Maryville hospital nurses file intent to strike over labor practices
- Judge blocks Ecuadorean judgment collection against Chevron in U.S. courts