OJ Simpson to return to Las Vegas court for hearing
05/10/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Las Vegas – Former football star OJ Simpson is set to appear at a Las Vegas court hearing next week to seek a new trial. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Simpson is expected to testify at the hearing, which will be held at the courthouse where he received a conviction for armed robbery and kidnapping in 2008. He is reportedly making a bid for a new trial on the grounds of his case being botched by his attorney, Yale Galanter.
Simpson, 65, who was acquitted in the murder of his ex-wife and her friend in 1995, was sentenced to 9 to 33 years in prison in 2008 over an incident in which he with a group of men took sports memorabilia at gunpoint.
Simpson is quoted by the AP as saying in a sworn statement, “I fully disclosed my plan to Yale Galanter, and he advised me that I was within my legal rights.”
Galanter is also expected to testify at the hearing.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Las Vegas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick