OJ Simpson to return to Las Vegas court for hearing
05/10/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Las Vegas – Former football star OJ Simpson is set to appear at a Las Vegas court hearing next week to seek a new trial. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Simpson is expected to testify at the hearing, which will be held at the courthouse where he received a conviction for armed robbery and kidnapping in 2008. He is reportedly making a bid for a new trial on the grounds of his case being botched by his attorney, Yale Galanter.
Simpson, 65, who was acquitted in the murder of his ex-wife and her friend in 1995, was sentenced to 9 to 33 years in prison in 2008 over an incident in which he with a group of men took sports memorabilia at gunpoint.
Simpson is quoted by the AP as saying in a sworn statement, “I fully disclosed my plan to Yale Galanter, and he advised me that I was within my legal rights.”
Galanter is also expected to testify at the hearing.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Las Vegas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult