Paroled Colorado inmate involved in Texas police chase
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Decatur, Texas – A paroled Colorado inmate was involved in a Texas police chase that resulted in a crash and led to a shootout with police. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a sheriff’s deputy attempted to pull over Evan Spencer Ebel, 28, Thursday morning before the car chase ensued.
Police shot Ebel after he opened fire on them after he crashed into a semi. He is not expected to survive his injuries according to authorities.
Ebel may be linked to the killing of a Colorado prison chief who was shot at his home. The matter is still under investigation.
Gov. John Hickenlooper is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “We don’t know yet exactly whether this is the guy… There’s some indication. I hope it is.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted