Paroled Colorado inmate involved in Texas police chase
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Decatur, Texas – A paroled Colorado inmate was involved in a Texas police chase that resulted in a crash and led to a shootout with police. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a sheriff’s deputy attempted to pull over Evan Spencer Ebel, 28, Thursday morning before the car chase ensued.
Police shot Ebel after he opened fire on them after he crashed into a semi. He is not expected to survive his injuries according to authorities.
Ebel may be linked to the killing of a Colorado prison chief who was shot at his home. The matter is still under investigation.
Gov. John Hickenlooper is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “We don’t know yet exactly whether this is the guy… There’s some indication. I hope it is.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping
- Driver charged in wedding day crash that killed Ohio man
- Former OPD chief testifies in gender-discrimination lawsuit
- Mariska Hartigay praises funding for rape kit testing
- Lyft allows employers to pick up tab for employee rides
- Agreement reached between Amazon and Hachette
- Woman claims singer’s voice gives her seizures
- Window washers saved after dangling from One World Trade Center
- Age of mother affects child’s performance at school