Paroled Colorado inmate involved in Texas police chase
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Decatur, Texas – A paroled Colorado inmate was involved in a Texas police chase that resulted in a crash and led to a shootout with police. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a sheriff’s deputy attempted to pull over Evan Spencer Ebel, 28, Thursday morning before the car chase ensued.
Police shot Ebel after he opened fire on them after he crashed into a semi. He is not expected to survive his injuries according to authorities.
Ebel may be linked to the killing of a Colorado prison chief who was shot at his home. The matter is still under investigation.
Gov. John Hickenlooper is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “We don’t know yet exactly whether this is the guy… There’s some indication. I hope it is.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage