Paroled Colorado inmate involved in Texas police chase
03/21/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Decatur, Texas – A paroled Colorado inmate was involved in a Texas police chase that resulted in a crash and led to a shootout with police. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), a sheriff’s deputy attempted to pull over Evan Spencer Ebel, 28, Thursday morning before the car chase ensued.
Police shot Ebel after he opened fire on them after he crashed into a semi. He is not expected to survive his injuries according to authorities.
Ebel may be linked to the killing of a Colorado prison chief who was shot at his home. The matter is still under investigation.
Gov. John Hickenlooper is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “We don’t know yet exactly whether this is the guy… There’s some indication. I hope it is.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Calif. Case Raises Issue of Employee Privacy in Yum! Brands Employment Lawsuit
- Fighting Fraud in the Fog
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge