Texts introduced in Ohio rape trial
03/14/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Steubenville, Ohio – Text messages from teens involved in an Ohio rape trial were introduced this week. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the texts offered varying accounts of the circumstances surrounding what allegedly occurred between a 16-year-old girl and two high school football players accused of raping her.
Ma’Lik Richmond, 16, and Trent Mays, 17, whose names have already been identified in other media coverage and used in open court, have been charged with digital penetration of the girl at two locations last year. Both have maintained their innocence, alleging the sexual activities that occurred were mutual. Prosecutors state however, that the girl was intoxicated and unable to consent to sex at the time.
As quoted in the report, one text from the 16-year-old girl says, “Wait, I think I was drugged. I know I have no memory from after I left” the party.
If convicted on the charges, Richmond and Mays could be sentenced to stay in juvenile jail until they turn 21.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Ohio legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- High school students arrested waiting for school bus
- Vin Diesel among stars who pay visit to car crash site of late actor Walker
- Lawsuit filed by ACLU against US bishops over ethics guidelines
- Federal appeals court upholds contempt judgment against anarchist
- Governor urges parents to use money for campaign, not Christmas toys
- New Hawaii gay marriage law takes effect, several couples get licenses
- NH medical technician sentenced to 39 years over hepatitis infections
- Mother on board crashed plane in Alaska leads searchers to crash site
- Former BP engineer to go to trial on obstruction charges
- Mother and daughter killed in Amish buggy accident