Texts introduced in Ohio rape trial
03/14/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Steubenville, Ohio – Text messages from teens involved in an Ohio rape trial were introduced this week. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the texts offered varying accounts of the circumstances surrounding what allegedly occurred between a 16-year-old girl and two high school football players accused of raping her.
Ma’Lik Richmond, 16, and Trent Mays, 17, whose names have already been identified in other media coverage and used in open court, have been charged with digital penetration of the girl at two locations last year. Both have maintained their innocence, alleging the sexual activities that occurred were mutual. Prosecutors state however, that the girl was intoxicated and unable to consent to sex at the time.
As quoted in the report, one text from the 16-year-old girl says, “Wait, I think I was drugged. I know I have no memory from after I left” the party.
If convicted on the charges, Richmond and Mays could be sentenced to stay in juvenile jail until they turn 21.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Ohio legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California
- Nevada trucking company may be liable for millions in crash
- Idaho crash triggered after driver’s armpit hair burned