Florida man ‘swallowed’ by sinkhole in home
03/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A Florida man vanished after a sinkhole opened underneath his bedroom and sucked him in. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Jeff Bush, 37, was later presumed dead after the occurrence on Thursday night.
Bush’s brother, Jeremy Bush, said he jumped into the sinkhole after it caused the floor of the home to cave in, but could not find his brother. Jeremy Bush is quoted by the AP as stating, “The floor was still giving in and the dirt was still going down, but I didn’t care. I wanted to save my brother… But I just couldn’t do nothing.”
County administrator Mike Merrill called the home “unstable” Friday as officials worked to determined circumstances surrounding the collapse.
Sinkhole hazards are stated to be high risk hazards in Florida, with the law requiring home insurers to provide coverage in the event that they occur.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida personal injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father
- Measure allowing surprise inspections at abortions clinics advances in Arizona
- Major changes for SAT, first update in nearly a decade
- Maryville hospital nurses file intent to strike over labor practices
- Judge blocks Ecuadorean judgment collection against Chevron in U.S. courts