Florida man ‘swallowed’ by sinkhole in home
03/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A Florida man vanished after a sinkhole opened underneath his bedroom and sucked him in. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Jeff Bush, 37, was later presumed dead after the occurrence on Thursday night.
Bush’s brother, Jeremy Bush, said he jumped into the sinkhole after it caused the floor of the home to cave in, but could not find his brother. Jeremy Bush is quoted by the AP as stating, “The floor was still giving in and the dirt was still going down, but I didn’t care. I wanted to save my brother… But I just couldn’t do nothing.”
County administrator Mike Merrill called the home “unstable” Friday as officials worked to determined circumstances surrounding the collapse.
Sinkhole hazards are stated to be high risk hazards in Florida, with the law requiring home insurers to provide coverage in the event that they occur.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’