Florida man ‘swallowed’ by sinkhole in home
03/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A Florida man vanished after a sinkhole opened underneath his bedroom and sucked him in. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Jeff Bush, 37, was later presumed dead after the occurrence on Thursday night.
Bush’s brother, Jeremy Bush, said he jumped into the sinkhole after it caused the floor of the home to cave in, but could not find his brother. Jeremy Bush is quoted by the AP as stating, “The floor was still giving in and the dirt was still going down, but I didn’t care. I wanted to save my brother… But I just couldn’t do nothing.”
County administrator Mike Merrill called the home “unstable” Friday as officials worked to determined circumstances surrounding the collapse.
Sinkhole hazards are stated to be high risk hazards in Florida, with the law requiring home insurers to provide coverage in the event that they occur.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Most common password still ‘123456’
- Man charged in email, social media hack case
- Man nearly killed while filming crash on New Jersey turnpike
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage