Union City Man Severs 6 Fingers in Industrial Accident at Eagle Recycling
01/01/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
North Bergen, NJ — A Union City man severed six fingers in an industrial accident at Eagle Recycling on Dec. 19 is undergoing surgery to repair his hand. The workplace accident occurred around 6:24 p.m., when his hand became stuck inside a feeder at the recycling plant, NJ.com reports.
According to officials, the man, a 22-year-old Union City resident, was trying to grab a piece of cardboard that was jammed in a conveyor belt when his hands became stuck in the feeder and were severed.
West New York EMS rushed the man to Jersey City Medical Center for treatment. He is currently in stable condition and is undergoing several hours of surgery.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the workplace accident.
OSHA revealed that Eagle Recycling has had four inspections since 2009, which has resulted in 28 violations ranging from fire protection, electrical systems, sanitation, noise levels, and lack of personal protective equipment.
Investigations are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New Jersey workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin
- Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
- CPSC: Edoche Children’s Spoon & Fork Sets Recalled for Choking Hazards
- NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
- 30-Car Pile-Up on Gowanus Expressway Injures 8 In Brooklyn
- Yankee Candle Recalls Pine Berry Candle Ring for Fire Hazards
- Using a Pessary to Relieve Pelvic Organ Prolapse Symptoms