Nation awaits ‘fiscal cliff’ deal outcome after Senate approval
01/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Many are awaiting the outcome of discussions in the US House of Representatives regarding the passage of a Senate approved last minute measure to help avert the “fiscal cliff.” As reported by Reuters, the Senate voted 89 to 8 on the bill, which included an estimated $600 billion in tax increases and approximately $12 billion in spending cuts.
Some in the Republican controlled House have expressed discontent with the amount of tax increases in the measure.
Moderate Republican Representative Steve LaTourette, is quoted in the report as stating, “My recommendation would be not to take a package put together by a bunch of sleep-deprived octogenarians on New Year’s Eve.”
President Barack Obama is further quoted as saying in a statement urging the current bill’s passage, “There’s more work to do to reduce our deficits, and I’m willing to do it.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in US government news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony