Nation awaits ‘fiscal cliff’ deal outcome after Senate approval
01/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Many are awaiting the outcome of discussions in the US House of Representatives regarding the passage of a Senate approved last minute measure to help avert the “fiscal cliff.” As reported by Reuters, the Senate voted 89 to 8 on the bill, which included an estimated $600 billion in tax increases and approximately $12 billion in spending cuts.
Some in the Republican controlled House have expressed discontent with the amount of tax increases in the measure.
Moderate Republican Representative Steve LaTourette, is quoted in the report as stating, “My recommendation would be not to take a package put together by a bunch of sleep-deprived octogenarians on New Year’s Eve.”
President Barack Obama is further quoted as saying in a statement urging the current bill’s passage, “There’s more work to do to reduce our deficits, and I’m willing to do it.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in US government news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Ryan O’Neal says Farrah Fawcett Warhol portrait belongs to him
- Chicago pension crisis a growing concern
- Obama attends Mandela memorial in South Africa
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt admit to blowing through millions
- French breast implant maker receives jail sentence
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend seeks to have domestic violence charges dropped
- Lamar Odom gets probation in DUI plea deal
- Johnson & Johnson officials accused of destroying vaginal mesh files
- Snapchat files for restraining order over information disclosure
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say