Nation awaits ‘fiscal cliff’ deal outcome after Senate approval
01/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Many are awaiting the outcome of discussions in the US House of Representatives regarding the passage of a Senate approved last minute measure to help avert the “fiscal cliff.” As reported by Reuters, the Senate voted 89 to 8 on the bill, which included an estimated $600 billion in tax increases and approximately $12 billion in spending cuts.
Some in the Republican controlled House have expressed discontent with the amount of tax increases in the measure.
Moderate Republican Representative Steve LaTourette, is quoted in the report as stating, “My recommendation would be not to take a package put together by a bunch of sleep-deprived octogenarians on New Year’s Eve.”
President Barack Obama is further quoted as saying in a statement urging the current bill’s passage, “There’s more work to do to reduce our deficits, and I’m willing to do it.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in US government news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’