Nation awaits ‘fiscal cliff’ deal outcome after Senate approval
01/01/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Many are awaiting the outcome of discussions in the US House of Representatives regarding the passage of a Senate approved last minute measure to help avert the “fiscal cliff.” As reported by Reuters, the Senate voted 89 to 8 on the bill, which included an estimated $600 billion in tax increases and approximately $12 billion in spending cuts.
Some in the Republican controlled House have expressed discontent with the amount of tax increases in the measure.
Moderate Republican Representative Steve LaTourette, is quoted in the report as stating, “My recommendation would be not to take a package put together by a bunch of sleep-deprived octogenarians on New Year’s Eve.”
President Barack Obama is further quoted as saying in a statement urging the current bill’s passage, “There’s more work to do to reduce our deficits, and I’m willing to do it.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in US government news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams
- Ann Curry to part with NBC News
- Ellen DeGeneres responds to ‘Christian Post’ anti-gay article
- Tim Tebow helps sponsor proms for those with special needs
- Gwyneth Paltrow discusses Vanilla Ice movie offer