Lunch lady fired for giving student free lunch reinstated
12/21/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Webster Groves, Missouri – A cafeteria worker who was terminated from her job for providing free meals to a needy student has been reinstated to her position. As reported by KSDK, Dianne Brame, who worked in the Webster Groves School District’s Hudson Elementary School cafeteria for three years was fired for giving a fourth grader whose free lunch program eligibility had not been renewed regular meals for two months.
The school district claimed Brame had been offered a position at a different school and was not fired after a co-worker reported her to the district’s food service provider, Chartwells.
Chartwells is quoted in the report as saying in a statement released Friday regarding the incident, “An unfortunate misunderstanding arose this week over the status of one of our employees assigned to the Webster Groves, MO, School District, who was serving meals to students at Hudson Elementary School… Chartwells is pleased to have resolved this misunderstanding together with the employee and she will be at work, as usual, this coming week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Missouri employment law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Actor admits to inappropriate conduct with minors
- Texas meteorologist shot in parking lot of news station
- Body of missing pregnant woman found in car
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children