Lunch lady fired for giving student free lunch reinstated
12/21/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Webster Groves, Missouri – A cafeteria worker who was terminated from her job for providing free meals to a needy student has been reinstated to her position. As reported by KSDK, Dianne Brame, who worked in the Webster Groves School District’s Hudson Elementary School cafeteria for three years was fired for giving a fourth grader whose free lunch program eligibility had not been renewed regular meals for two months.
The school district claimed Brame had been offered a position at a different school and was not fired after a co-worker reported her to the district’s food service provider, Chartwells.
Chartwells is quoted in the report as saying in a statement released Friday regarding the incident, “An unfortunate misunderstanding arose this week over the status of one of our employees assigned to the Webster Groves, MO, School District, who was serving meals to students at Hudson Elementary School… Chartwells is pleased to have resolved this misunderstanding together with the employee and she will be at work, as usual, this coming week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Missouri employment law news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination
- Holly Madison details emotional struggle while at Playboy mansion in memoir
- Lara Spencer to divorce husband after 15 years
- Florida counties seek to raise awareness about Craigslist crimes
- ‘One Direction’ member quits tour amid scandal