NYC hotel maid settles lawsuit against Strauss-Kahn
12/10/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – The NYC hotel maid who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault has agreed to a settlement in a civil lawsuit filed against him. As reported by Reuters, the settlement between Strauss-Kahn, 63, and his accuser Nafissatou Diallo was reportedly reached Monday for an undisclosed amount.
Diallo, 33, made the accusations against the former International Monetary Fund chief last year, claiming Strauss-Kahn attacked her at a Manhattan hotel. A case against him was dropped following an investigation.
Strauss-Kahn’s New York attorneys, William Taylor and Amit Mehta, are quoted in the report as commenting in an emailed statement, “On behalf of Mr. Strauss-Kahn, we are pleased to have arrived at a resolution of this matter. We are grateful to Judge McKeon whose patience and forbearance allowed this agreement to be formulated.”
The settlement of a countersuit filed by Strauss-Kahn was also reportedly included in the agreement.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate
- Casey Kasem’s daughter seeks autopsy in father’s death
- Gay marriage ban void upheld by federal court
- Yellowstone sites closed after hot spot melts road
- Judge allows tenant additional time at ‘Real Housewives’ couples’ home
- Gay marriage approved by judge in Florida Keys
- Meningitis victims questioned in FBI probe
- Approval given to hire 100 workers for Georgia child safety case investigations
- KKK uses candy filled goodie bags to recruit new members