NYC hotel maid settles lawsuit against Strauss-Kahn
12/10/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – The NYC hotel maid who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault has agreed to a settlement in a civil lawsuit filed against him. As reported by Reuters, the settlement between Strauss-Kahn, 63, and his accuser Nafissatou Diallo was reportedly reached Monday for an undisclosed amount.
Diallo, 33, made the accusations against the former International Monetary Fund chief last year, claiming Strauss-Kahn attacked her at a Manhattan hotel. A case against him was dropped following an investigation.
Strauss-Kahn’s New York attorneys, William Taylor and Amit Mehta, are quoted in the report as commenting in an emailed statement, “On behalf of Mr. Strauss-Kahn, we are pleased to have arrived at a resolution of this matter. We are grateful to Judge McKeon whose patience and forbearance allowed this agreement to be formulated.”
The settlement of a countersuit filed by Strauss-Kahn was also reportedly included in the agreement.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick
- Google announces addition of new languages for Google Translate
- 11-year-old steals money from grandmother, attempts to take taxi to Florida
- Lawsuit filed against Tyra Banks over ‘Top Model’ prize
- Former “Beverly Hillbillies” star files lawsuit against CBS
- Man jailed after stealing piece of Paul Walker crash car
- Dr. Dre highest earning musician of the year