NYC hotel maid settles lawsuit against Strauss-Kahn
12/10/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – The NYC hotel maid who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault has agreed to a settlement in a civil lawsuit filed against him. As reported by Reuters, the settlement between Strauss-Kahn, 63, and his accuser Nafissatou Diallo was reportedly reached Monday for an undisclosed amount.
Diallo, 33, made the accusations against the former International Monetary Fund chief last year, claiming Strauss-Kahn attacked her at a Manhattan hotel. A case against him was dropped following an investigation.
Strauss-Kahn’s New York attorneys, William Taylor and Amit Mehta, are quoted in the report as commenting in an emailed statement, “On behalf of Mr. Strauss-Kahn, we are pleased to have arrived at a resolution of this matter. We are grateful to Judge McKeon whose patience and forbearance allowed this agreement to be formulated.”
The settlement of a countersuit filed by Strauss-Kahn was also reportedly included in the agreement.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Satanist group wants materials passed out in schools
- Rancher says no proof cow linked to freeway accident was his
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California