NYC hotel maid settles lawsuit against Strauss-Kahn
12/10/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – The NYC hotel maid who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault has agreed to a settlement in a civil lawsuit filed against him. As reported by Reuters, the settlement between Strauss-Kahn, 63, and his accuser Nafissatou Diallo was reportedly reached Monday for an undisclosed amount.
Diallo, 33, made the accusations against the former International Monetary Fund chief last year, claiming Strauss-Kahn attacked her at a Manhattan hotel. A case against him was dropped following an investigation.
Strauss-Kahn’s New York attorneys, William Taylor and Amit Mehta, are quoted in the report as commenting in an emailed statement, “On behalf of Mr. Strauss-Kahn, we are pleased to have arrived at a resolution of this matter. We are grateful to Judge McKeon whose patience and forbearance allowed this agreement to be formulated.”
The settlement of a countersuit filed by Strauss-Kahn was also reportedly included in the agreement.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York personal injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father