Former Miss USA avoids jail in DUI case
05/09/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Michigan – Former Miss USA Rima Fakih will not be required to serve jail time in connection with her DUI arrest last December. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Fakih was sentenced to six months probation, 20 hours of community service, and ordered to pay a $600 fine by Judge William McConico in a Michigan court on Wednesday.
Fakih, who pleaded no contest to the charge of driving while visibly impaired, is quoted as stating about the outcome of the case, “I’m very relieved… But let’s say it got to that point. I was willing to pay the price it took because I knew I made mistakes.”
The 26-year-old became the first Arab-American to be crowned Miss USA in 2010. Fakih is expected to appear in an upcoming Fox dating show called “The Choice,” which premieres in June.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Michigan DUI news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams
- Ann Curry to part with NBC News