Former Miss USA avoids jail in DUI case
05/09/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Michigan – Former Miss USA Rima Fakih will not be required to serve jail time in connection with her DUI arrest last December. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Fakih was sentenced to six months probation, 20 hours of community service, and ordered to pay a $600 fine by Judge William McConico in a Michigan court on Wednesday.
Fakih, who pleaded no contest to the charge of driving while visibly impaired, is quoted as stating about the outcome of the case, “I’m very relieved… But let’s say it got to that point. I was willing to pay the price it took because I knew I made mistakes.”
The 26-year-old became the first Arab-American to be crowned Miss USA in 2010. Fakih is expected to appear in an upcoming Fox dating show called “The Choice,” which premieres in June.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Michigan DUI news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle
- Sharon Osbourne writes open letter to estranged brother on Facebook
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on Florida medical marijuana measure
- Teens arrested months after fatal car crash for allowing friend to drive drunk
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’