Former Miss USA avoids jail in DUI case
05/09/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // justicenews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Michigan – Former Miss USA Rima Fakih will not be required to serve jail time in connection with her DUI arrest last December. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Fakih was sentenced to six months probation, 20 hours of community service, and ordered to pay a $600 fine by Judge William McConico in a Michigan court on Wednesday.
Fakih, who pleaded no contest to the charge of driving while visibly impaired, is quoted as stating about the outcome of the case, “I’m very relieved… But let’s say it got to that point. I was willing to pay the price it took because I knew I made mistakes.”
The 26-year-old became the first Arab-American to be crowned Miss USA in 2010. Fakih is expected to appear in an upcoming Fox dating show called “The Choice,” which premieres in June.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Michigan DUI news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony