Sugarland Responds to Lawsuit, says Indiana Fair Stage Collapse was ‘Act of God’
02/21/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Indianapolis, IN — County music group Sugarland has fired back at forty-four victims and family members of those killed in the Indiana State Fair stage collapse, stating that the collapse was a “a true accident, or act of God,” reported CNN.
Sugarland is denying the negligence claims, and asserting that the incident was caused by a “gust of wind of unprecedented intensity,” court documents revealed, as WRTV reported.
Sugarland also stated that “they had nothing to do with the construction of the venue” and did not have the final say if the show should happen or not, CNN reported.
The complaint filed by the victims and family members are claiming Sugarland is responsible for breaching of reasonable care to the victims, and is seeking unspecified damages from Sugarland, producers, stage riggers and other associated with the show. The lawsuit says that the defendants had a duty to provide a safe convert environment and use reasonable care in the direction, set-up and supervision of the concert, as previously reported in “Victims Sue Sugarland for Indiana State Fair Stage Collapse.”
There are 20 or more law firms representing the plaintiffs.
“According to officials, weather forecasters had warned that heavy rains and strong winds would pass through the fair about two hours before the storms hit. The strong winds toppled the metal scaffolding used to erect the outdoor stage, called the “Sugarpit,” which is an area reserved for Sugarland’s die-hard fans. The stage reportedly collapsed just four minutes after officials advised the concertgoers to seek shelter,” as previously reported in “Sugarland Stage Collapse at Indiana State Fair Kills 5, Injures 40.”
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Indiana personal injury lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston