Recall: Rosebud drop-side cribs recalled for strangulation, suffocation risks
01/28/2011 // Greensboro, NC, USA // Personal Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley
Northbrook, IL—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Status Furniture, of Quebec, Canada have voluntarily recalled about 300 Rosebud drop-side cribs over suffocation and strangulation hazards. The CPSC announced the recall on January 26, 2011.
The recall was initiated after discovering that the drop-side rail hardware on the cribs can break, causing the drop-side to detach from the crib, which created a gap between the rail and the crib mattress. The gap poses a risk of suffocation and strangulation if an infant or toddler became wedged or entrapped in the gap. Also, children can fall out of the crib if the rail falls unexpectedly or detaches from the crib.
The CPSC reported, “This recall includes ‘Rosebud’ cribs manufactured by Status Furniture. The cribs are white or antique white and have plastic drop-side hardware. ‘Status Furniture’ appears on crib labeling on the lower portion of the headboard. Model number ‘910’ appears on the assembly instructions.
Consumers are advised to contact The Land of Nod to receive instruction on how to receive merchandise credit ($599) for the defective crib. The Land of the Nod is also recalling the cribs because Status Furniture went out of business.
For more information concerning the recall, consumers can contact The Land of Nod at (800) 933-9904 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or email at email@example.com, or visit their website at www.landofnod.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Illinois News Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- I-95 Single-Vehicle Rollover Accident Injures Staten Island Woman, 3 Kids
- Construction Accident at 2nd Ave Subway Site Seriously Injures Worker
- Two-Vehicle Western NY Crash Kills Man, Injures 3
- Single-Vehicle Wreck Ejects 1, Injures 2 Others in DeWitt
- SUV, Semi-Truck Crash Ejects Driver in Lancaster
- NYC Crane Accident Kills 1, Injures 4
- “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” Faces Legal Action from Injured Stuntman
- Three-Vehicle Crash Critically Injured Mass. Woman in Upstate NY
- CPSC: Happy Shirts Recalls Toy Truck Gifts with Purchase for Fire Hazards
- School Bus Head-On Crash with BMW Injures 5 in Kingston