Raleigh NC auto accident: Police car, ambulance crash en route to shooting call
Legal News for North Carolina Auto Accident Attorneys. A Raleigh police cruiser and Wake County EMS ambulance became involved in a collision while responding to a call.
North Carolina auto accident lawyer alert- A police cruiser and ambulance became involved in a motor vehicle collision; no serious injuries reported.
Raleigh, NC—A police car and ambulance were en route to the scene of a shooting when their vehicles became involved in a collision with one another. The accident occurred in at Creech Road and Slippery Elm Drive in Raleigh, North Carolina early Saturday, April 24, 2010, according to information provided by ABCLocal.com.
Reports stated Raleigh Police Department deputies and Wake County EMS were dispatched to 2900 Basswood Drive at approximately 1 a.m., upon receiving reports of an alleged shooting, when the motor vehicle collision (MVC) occurred. While details as to what might have caused the ambulance-cruiser collision to occur were scarce, reports noted that both had their lights and sirens on at the time of impact.
Luckily, injuries were reported to be minimal, with police and medical personnel merely complaining of crash-induced soreness. The police cruiser, on the other hand, sustained substantial damage and had to be towed from the accident scene.
Police officers went on to apprehend the suspects involved in the shooting, while EMS crews seemingly transported the unidentified victim of the shooting to an area hospital to be treated for a gun shot wound to his/her leg. Four suspects, identified as 21-year-old Dondre Glover, 18-year-old Treveris Coward, 20-year-old Wayne Mitchell, and 21-year-old Joneka Glover, were arrested in connection with the shooting, each facing charges of attempted robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, firing into an unoccupied dwelling and injury to private property.
Legal News Reporter: Sandra Quinlan- Legal News for North Carolina Auto Accident Lawyers.Online Auto Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- New York Injury Attorney News: Man struck, killed by city bus in Bronx
- CA Auto Accident: 5 Injured When SUV Plowed into Pedestrians on Sidewalk
- Chicago auto accident: Traffic stop, crash injures police officer and 3 others
- Massachusetts auto accident: Pregnant mother crashes minivan into daycare
- Los Angeles auto accident: DMV worker injured in driving test crash
- Raleigh NC auto accident: Police car, ambulance crash en route to shooting call
- Austin TX wrong way crash: Driver found dead inside burning vehicle
- Study: High-speed police chases are killing innocent bystanders
- Washington D.C. automobile accident: 1 killed, 6 injured in car vs. van crash
- San Francisco CA accident: Taxi runs red light, causes chain-reaction crash