Illinois I-80 semi-truck pileup kills 1!
Chicago area I-80 truck driver killed in 18 wheeler collision of 4 big rigs.
Chicago, IL(JusticeNewsFlash.com)–An automobile accident involving four big rig trucks killed one person and injured at least one other on Monday. CBS 2 Local News reports the motor vehicle collision (MVC) happened on I-80, close to southwest suburban Minooka, Illinois in Grundy County late Monday afternoon. Police authorities in Joliet, about 40 miles southwest of Chicago, say the first semi truck caused a chain reaction involving three other 18 wheeler trucks. The first tractor trailer truck was hauling steel piping. The driver, for some unknown reason, was unable to stop his vehicle and hit a big rig hauling grain. The 18 wheeler trucks were traveling eastbound on I-80, east of Ridge Road, when the four-vehicle semi truck wreck took place. Traffic on eastbound I-80 was also backed up at the time of the crash. Joliet area highway accident investigators did not release any information regarding the other two semi trucks involved or whether the big rig trucks carried any passengers.
The driver of the first big rig truck was pronounced dead at the crash scene by Illinois emergency medical services (EMS) personnel. Another victim was injured and was transported to a local Joliet hospital by Illinois paramedics. Police detectives have not indicated which truck the injured victim was riding in. Both of the victims’ names are unknown. Lanes on eastbound I-80 were shut down at approximately 5:00 p.m. while officials cleared the accident scene of steel piping and grain. Police officers estimated eastbound I-80 to be closed off for three to four hours. Traffic in westbound lanes were unaffected by the four-vehicle collision.
JusticeNewsFlash.com news for Illinois personal injury lawyers.Online 18 wheeler accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- 18-wheeler crashed into 2 Mississippi school buses; 3 dead, 17 injured
- 18-wheeler crashed on 101 Freeway, hit minivan; Driver arrested for DUI
- $62.7M Settlement Reached in Fatal 18-Wheeler Accident on Oklahoma Turnpike
- Butler County Ohio SUV accident: Driver killed after SUV smashes into 18-wheeler
- Minneapolis MN semi truck crash: Beer-hauling semi T-boned SUV; 3 dead
- Hardin County IL 18-wheeler accident: 1 killed in passenger truck vs. semi crash
- Richfield UT semi truck wreck: 18-wheeler slams into Sevier County home
- Ionia County Michigan 18-Wheeler Accident: Man killed in 2-semi, van crash
- Noblesville IN 18-wheeler accident: Motorist killed in big rig vs. car crash
- Lombard IL 18-wheeler accident: Pedestrian pinned under van after collision