Florida Escambia Bay Bridge I-10 fatality
Santa Rosa County I-10 pile-up claims 1 life injures several!
Pensacola, FL(JusticeNewsFlash.com)–Two separate automobile accidents killed one and injured three late Thursday afternoon. The News Herald of Pensacola, Florida, reports the first motor vehicle crash occurred at approximately 4:20 p.m. Santa Rosa County highway accident investigators say the motor vehicle collision (MVC) took place on the Escambia Bay Bridge on Interstate 10. The MVC involved four vehicles and a big rig truck. Pensacola police authorities state the tractor-trailer truck was transporting oyster shells when a fire erupted from the truck. Pensacola area paramedics took one person to Santa Rosa Medical Center with moderate, non-life threatening injuries. The names and conditions of the other people involved have not been released.
The second car accident happened at approximately 4:50 p.m., shortly after the first crash. Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) authorities indicate the collision involved three automobiles, all heading westbound on Interstate 10, in the direction of the first truck wreck. A vehicle, driven by 39 year-old Jeffrey Earl Hollis of Cantonment, rear-ended the vehicle in front of it. Hollis was observing the previous accident and did not acknowledge that two vehicles had stopped before him. The driver of the rear-ended car was 20 year-old Christopher Lee Hinson of Cantonment. Hinson’s vehicle spun out of his lane and was hit by a car operated by 36 year-old Hao Chi Nguyen of Pensacola.
Escambia County fire rescue crew transported Hollis and Nguyen to a local hospital. The two drivers suffered injuries. Hinson was not wearing a seatbelt and suffered serious injuries in the multi-vehicle auto accident. He was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital by Florida emergency medical personnel. Kimberly Marie Gooden, 23, of Pace, was a passenger in Hinson’s vehicle. Gooden was also not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the car accident. Escambia County emergency medical services (EMS) teams pronounced Gooden dead at the scene of the fatal car wreck. Bagdad, Avalon, Harold, Whiting Field, and Pace area fire rescue crews also assisted with the fatla I-10 MVC.
JusticeNewsFlash.com news for Florida automobile accident attorneys.Online Auto Accident Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- New York Injury Attorney News: Man struck, killed by city bus in Bronx
- CA Auto Accident: 5 Injured When SUV Plowed into Pedestrians on Sidewalk
- Chicago auto accident: Traffic stop, crash injures police officer and 3 others
- Massachusetts auto accident: Pregnant mother crashes minivan into daycare
- Los Angeles auto accident: DMV worker injured in driving test crash
- Raleigh NC auto accident: Police car, ambulance crash en route to shooting call
- Austin TX wrong way crash: Driver found dead inside burning vehicle
- Study: High-speed police chases are killing innocent bystanders
- Washington D.C. automobile accident: 1 killed, 6 injured in car vs. van crash
- San Francisco CA accident: Taxi runs red light, causes chain-reaction crash