Missouri teen in sexual assault case attempts suicide, in stable condition
01/08/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Missouri – The Missouri teen at the center of a case involving an alleged sexual assault has been reported to be in stable condition following a suicide attempt. As reported by the Kansas City Star, Daisy Coleman, whose allegations of being sexually assaulted at a house part in 2012 gained national attention, was being treated at the Kansas City children’s psychiatric hospital early this week after ingesting multiple pills.
Robin Bourland, a longtime acquaintance of the Coleman family, reportedly told the news source that the incident occurred after Coleman was harassed online following her attendance at a party over the weekend.
Bourland is quoted as stating of the Coleman family, “It’s been heartbreaking for them…This has been a really long, drawn-out battle, and it’s heartbreaking to see something like this happening.”
Matthew Barnett, then a 17-year-old Maryville High senior who is the grandson of a former state representative, was previously arrested in connection with allegations that Coleman and a friend, then ages 14 and 13, were sexually assaulted at his home. The charges were subsequently dropped against Barnett and another teen accused Jordan Zech, after Nodaway County prosecutor Robert Rice alleged there was a lack of evidence and cooperation from the victims and their families.
Both girls’ mothers have stated that they had been willing to cooperate with authorities prior to the charges being dropped.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Missouri Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping