Distribution of proposed NFL concussion settlement outlined by attorneys
01/07/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Philadelphia – The distribution of a proposed settlement for NFL concussions has been outlined by attorneys representing former players in the settlement. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), included in the total $765 million proposed is up to $3 million for dementia cases and $4 million for suicides.
A reported 19,000 former players may be covered in the settlement according to the AP report. The plan must still be approved by Senior U.S. District Judge Anita Brody of Philadelphia.
As noted by the AP, men under the age of 45 would receive more money in accordance with the formula due to their needs throughout their lifetime.
Kevin Turner, a former player with the Philadelphia Eagles who is now battling Lou Gehrig’s disease, has expressed hope that the settlement will aid in the prevention of certain injuries to players.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Philadelphia Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dean McDermott claims relationship with Spelling improving
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before