Distribution of proposed NFL concussion settlement outlined by attorneys
01/07/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Philadelphia – The distribution of a proposed settlement for NFL concussions has been outlined by attorneys representing former players in the settlement. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), included in the total $765 million proposed is up to $3 million for dementia cases and $4 million for suicides.
A reported 19,000 former players may be covered in the settlement according to the AP report. The plan must still be approved by Senior U.S. District Judge Anita Brody of Philadelphia.
As noted by the AP, men under the age of 45 would receive more money in accordance with the formula due to their needs throughout their lifetime.
Kevin Turner, a former player with the Philadelphia Eagles who is now battling Lou Gehrig’s disease, has expressed hope that the settlement will aid in the prevention of certain injuries to players.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Philadelphia Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Elizabeth Smart-Gilmour speaks at conference addressing human trafficking
- Teen lives inside Walmart unnoticed for days
- Holder promises full investigation into shooting of unarmed teen
- Brazilian presidential candidate, six others die in plane crash
- Law students file lawsuit over failed software
- 18-wheeler crash leads to shut down of major highway
- Woman alleges she lost out on job due to peanut allergy
- Couple falls from cliff, dies while taking selfies
- Australia affected by swine flu epidemic
- Animal rights activists file suit against Pennsylvania over state regulation