Distribution of proposed NFL concussion settlement outlined by attorneys
01/07/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Philadelphia – The distribution of a proposed settlement for NFL concussions has been outlined by attorneys representing former players in the settlement. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), included in the total $765 million proposed is up to $3 million for dementia cases and $4 million for suicides.
A reported 19,000 former players may be covered in the settlement according to the AP report. The plan must still be approved by Senior U.S. District Judge Anita Brody of Philadelphia.
As noted by the AP, men under the age of 45 would receive more money in accordance with the formula due to their needs throughout their lifetime.
Kevin Turner, a former player with the Philadelphia Eagles who is now battling Lou Gehrig’s disease, has expressed hope that the settlement will aid in the prevention of certain injuries to players.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Philadelphia Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’