Distribution of proposed NFL concussion settlement outlined by attorneys
01/07/2014 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Philadelphia – The distribution of a proposed settlement for NFL concussions has been outlined by attorneys representing former players in the settlement. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), included in the total $765 million proposed is up to $3 million for dementia cases and $4 million for suicides.
A reported 19,000 former players may be covered in the settlement according to the AP report. The plan must still be approved by Senior U.S. District Judge Anita Brody of Philadelphia.
As noted by the AP, men under the age of 45 would receive more money in accordance with the formula due to their needs throughout their lifetime.
Kevin Turner, a former player with the Philadelphia Eagles who is now battling Lou Gehrig’s disease, has expressed hope that the settlement will aid in the prevention of certain injuries to players.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Philadelphia Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Actress arrested for DUI suspicion while on probation
- High court meets to consider taking cases related to state gay marriage bans
- Judge delays BP oil spill medical claims ruling
- Satanist group wants materials passed out in schools
- Rancher says no proof cow linked to freeway accident was his
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree