Georgia girl rescued from well after 50-foot fall
12/31/2013 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Georgia – A 7-year-old Georgia girl was injured after falling down a 50-foot well. As reported by ABC News, Megan Winters was recovering in a hospital this week after the fall in which she sustained injuries to her arm, leg, and hip. According to the child’s mother, she also suffered bleeding and bruising on her brain.
The 7-year-old was trapped for over an hour in the well on Monday prior to rescuers pulling her to safety. She reportedly fell head first down the narrow well.
Carroll County Fire Chief Scott Blue is quoted in the report as stating of the rescue, “She was conscious, alert, able to talk… What we had to do was set up a rope system, rescue system. We sent a firefighter down.”
Megan was listed in critical condition as of Monday night after being airlifted to Atlanta Children’s Hospital and undergoing surgery for her injuries.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Georgia News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick
- Google announces addition of new languages for Google Translate
- 11-year-old steals money from grandmother, attempts to take taxi to Florida
- Lawsuit filed against Tyra Banks over ‘Top Model’ prize
- Former “Beverly Hillbillies” star files lawsuit against CBS
- Man jailed after stealing piece of Paul Walker crash car
- Dr. Dre highest earning musician of the year
- South Dakota initiates anti jerking and driving campaign