NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
12/20/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Amsterdam N.Y.—A tractor-trailer slammed into the back of a police cruiser, fatally injuring the officer on Monday, December 16, 2013. The fatal accident occurred around 8:20 p.m. on the eastbound side of Interstate 90, reports 7online.com
According to officials, New York State Trooper David Cunniff, 35, was sitting inside his patrol car after pulling over another car on the Thruway when the semi-truck struck him, pushing the cruiser 50 yards into an embankment. The semi then continued on to hit the car that was pulled over, pushing it 75 yards where it came to a stop on top of the vehicle. Cunniff was partially thrown from his vehicle upon impact and the driver of the other car was injured.
Responding emergency crews airlifted Cunniff to Albany Medical Center for treatment of a massive head injury. On Tuesday, his injuries proved fatal and he was pronounced dead.
The reasons behind why the semi-truck drifted from the road is still under investigation, but alcohol nor weather were considered factors.
Investigations are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York automobile accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Tori Spelling severely burned at restaurant in LA
- Push made to make revenge porn punishable offense in UK
- Rapper arrested on drug charges
- Nine-year-old takes on Texas medical marijuana ban
- 65-year-old woman pregnant with quadruplets
- Court denies actress right to bring children back to U.S.
- Police officer charged in South Carolina in shooting of black motorist
- Florida teen charged with felony after hacking into school network
- Attorney for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev facing major challenge
- Gay teacher’s ousting from Omaha Catholic school may not be ordinance violation