IKEA Children’s Wall-Mount Lamps Recalled; 1 Death Reported
12/11/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y.—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Health Canada and IKEA has voluntarily recalled Children’s wall-mounted lamps because of strangulation hazards, which left one child dead. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on December 11, 2013.
The wall-mounted lamps were recalled after receiving a report of a 16-month-old who died after become tangled by the lamp’s cord. Another child, a 15-month-old, was also nearly strangulated in a separate incident. These incidents occurred in Europe.
“The recalled IKEA children’s SMILA-series wall-mounted lamps were sold in eight designs, including a blue star, yellow moon, pink flower, white flower, red heart, green bug, blue seashell and an orange seahorse. The blue star is the STJÄRNA model with article numbers 501.944.49 or 500.108.79. The yellow moon is the MÅNE model with article numbers 701.944.48 or 700.108.40. The pink flower is the BLOMMA model with article numbers 901.944.47 or 000.979.50. The white flower is the BLOMMA model with article number 300-746-50. The red heart is the HJÄRTA model with article numbers 202.256.59 or 801.993.13. The green bug is the BAGGE model with article numbers 101.944.46 or 700.728.71. The blue seashell is the SNÄCKA model with article number 400-982-50. The orange seahorse is the SJÖHÄST model with article number 900-982-43,” the CPSC reported.
The lamps were sold in IKEA stores nationwide, as well as through catalogs and online.
Consumers are advised to contact IKEA for a free repair kit.
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact IKEA toll-free at (888) 966-4532 anytime or online at www.ikea-usa.com and click on the Recall link at the top of the page for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- San Francisco California Consumer Protection Lawyer Discusses Airbag Recalls
- Sexual Harassment and the Office Holiday Party
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured