Plunge Cut Circular Saw by Festol Recalled for Laceration Hazards
10/02/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y.—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Festol has voluntarily recalled TS 55 REQ Plunge Cut Circular Saw due to lacerations posed to consumers by the defective product. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on September 30, 2013.
The TS 55 REQ Plunge Cut Circular Saw was recalled after discovering that the plunge lock can become engaged when not intended, which will leave the saw blade exposed from the housing following completion of the plunge cut. This poses a laceration hazard to consumers.
“The TS 55 REQ is a small, portable, circular saw for woodcutting with a 160 mm saw blade, aluminum guide rails and a plunge cut feature. It is 12 inches long and has a gray blade housing and a midnight blue motor housing with a soft hand grip and green accents. The date code and serial number are found on a rating plate on the saw’s motor housing under the main handle. Recalled saws include date codes ranging from 02/13 to 05/13 and serial numbers 40033594 through 40074108,” the CPSC reports.
Consumers are advised to contact Festol for a free repair, replacement product, or for a refund.
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact Festool USA toll-free at (855) 784-9727 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.festoolusa.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- “Spouse” to Include Same-Sex Spouse Under FMLA
- Division of Workers’ Compensation, Explained by Dallas Employment Lawyer
- Injured Workers Suffer As ‘Reforms’ Limit Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- On Tort Reform, It’s Time to Declare Victory and Withdraw
- As a Lawyer Ted Cruz Defended Huge Jury Awards. As a Politician He Opposed Them
- The Demolition of Workers’ Comp
- LA Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer Scott Glovsky Receives California Lawyer Award
- Mugshot Removal: States Laws Making It Harder To Bail Out Of Google
- Dallas Non-Compete Lawyer: Three Critical (Mis)Assumptions
- New Year, New Look at Old Policies and Procedures