Bicycle Rider Struck and Killed by Driver in Houston Park
09/03/2013 // 1-800 Car Wreck // Eberstein & Witherite // (press release)
A bicycle rider was killed after being hit by a car in Memorial Park. According to a report by KHOU about the accident, the cyclist was attempting to cross a road at an intersection when he was struck by the driver of an older model Chevrolet Impala that was traveling in the same direction and failed to stop in enough time to avoid hitting the rider. The incident was reported to have occurred around 7:30 p.m.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene after being thrown several feet off of his bike. Following the collision with the rider, the car purportedly ran into a light pole, and the driver was subsequently transported to the hospital. His condition was unknown at the time of the KHOU report.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing. No charges have been filed in connection with the case.
Accidents between bicycles and cars occur regularly as a result of a driver’s failure to acknowledge the rights of cyclists on roadways, according to the Houston accident injury lawyers of 1-800-Car-Wreck.
Bicyclists who become injured as a result of a collision with a motor vehicle may have valid grounds for bringing forth a personal injury claim. The relatives of injured accident victims who are killed as a result of these types of accidents may also have grounds to file a claim for legal compensation for resulting damages that have been incurred.
Individuals with questions about their legal options following a serious accident injury can seek advice from a legal expert experienced in these matters.
This article is presented by the Houston accident injury lawyers of 1-800-Car-Wreck/ The law firm of Eberstein & Witherite.
Address: Houston, TX
Url: 1-800 Car Wreck Houston
Other News / Press Releases
- Injured Workers Suffer As ‘Reforms’ Limit Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- On Tort Reform, It’s Time to Declare Victory and Withdraw
- As a Lawyer Ted Cruz Defended Huge Jury Awards. As a Politician He Opposed Them
- The Demolition of Workers’ Comp
- LA Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer Scott Glovsky Receives California Lawyer Award
- Mugshot Removal: States Laws Making It Harder To Bail Out Of Google
- Dallas Non-Compete Lawyer: Three Critical (Mis)Assumptions
- New Year, New Look at Old Policies and Procedures
- What every lawyer should know about Conversion Rate Optimization
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules on FLSA Matter