Shooting suspect says he’s ‘sorry’ that innocent people were hurt
08/30/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Stroudsburg, Pa. – A Pennsylvania shooting suspect expressed to a newspaper that he was sorry innocent people were hurt after he opened fire at a township meeting on Aug. 5. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Rockne Newell, 59, further told the Pocono Record while being interviewed at the Monroe County Correctional Center that he also viewed himself as having been an innocent victim over two decades ago.
Newell is quoted by the AP as stating to the newspaper, “Unfortunately there were innocent victims, but I was an innocent victim myself 23 years ago… That’s what started all this.”
Newell is accused of killing three people at a municipal meeting after a feud over his property. He claims that the township had harassed him after he was accused of failing to pay fees associated with his purchase of property in 1990. He lost the property last month.
Newell is further quoted as stating, “I wasn’t bothering anybody… They should have just laid the hell off. That property was all I had.”
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Pennsylvania Legal News
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father