Vitamix Recalls 64-Ounce Containers for Laceration Hazards
08/30/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y.—A laceration hazard has prompted Vitamix, Health Canada and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to voluntarily recall Vitamix 64-ounce low-profile containers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 28, 2013.
The blender was recalled after discovering that blade can break, which poses a laceration hazard to consumers.
“The recall involves Vitamix 64-ounce Low-Profile containers with blade part number 103208 A and blade date codes 03-12 (March 2012) through 07-13 (July 2013). The blade part number and date code are laser etched onto the top of the blade at the bottom of the container. The clear, plastic, 64-ounce container with black plastic handle and lid was sold with Vitamix blender models 7500, Professional Series 300, Professional Series 750 and individually. Replacement blades with part number 104602 A are not affected,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact Vitamix for instructions on how to send back the container for a free repair.
For more information concerning the Vitamix recall, consumers can contact Vitamix toll-free at (888) 350-4386 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET on Saturdays or online at www.ContainerBladeRecall.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- “Spouse” to Include Same-Sex Spouse Under FMLA
- Division of Workers’ Compensation, Explained by Dallas Employment Lawyer
- Injured Workers Suffer As ‘Reforms’ Limit Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- On Tort Reform, It’s Time to Declare Victory and Withdraw
- As a Lawyer Ted Cruz Defended Huge Jury Awards. As a Politician He Opposed Them
- The Demolition of Workers’ Comp
- LA Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer Scott Glovsky Receives California Lawyer Award
- Mugshot Removal: States Laws Making It Harder To Bail Out Of Google
- Dallas Non-Compete Lawyer: Three Critical (Mis)Assumptions
- New Year, New Look at Old Policies and Procedures