21 sickened by measles outbreak linked to megachurch in Texas
08/27/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Texas – At least 21 people were sickened by a measles outbreak linked to a megachurch in Texas. As reported by NBC News, the number of people affected by the outbreak is expected to grow according to health officials.
Each of the 21 cases is said to be linked to the Eagle Mountain International Church in Newark, Texas. A visitor who traveled to Indonesia and became infected with the virus reportedly spread it to the church community after returning to the U.S. Many members of the church had not been vaccinated.
The church is quoted by NBC News as releasing the statement amid reports about the outbreak, “We continue to follow up on pending and confirmed cases to help in any way we can to keep the outbreak contained…We ask that others join us in prayers over this outbreak.”
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Texas Health News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash