21 sickened by measles outbreak linked to megachurch in Texas
08/27/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Texas – At least 21 people were sickened by a measles outbreak linked to a megachurch in Texas. As reported by NBC News, the number of people affected by the outbreak is expected to grow according to health officials.
Each of the 21 cases is said to be linked to the Eagle Mountain International Church in Newark, Texas. A visitor who traveled to Indonesia and became infected with the virus reportedly spread it to the church community after returning to the U.S. Many members of the church had not been vaccinated.
The church is quoted by NBC News as releasing the statement amid reports about the outbreak, “We continue to follow up on pending and confirmed cases to help in any way we can to keep the outbreak contained…We ask that others join us in prayers over this outbreak.”
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – Texas Health News
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns