Donald Trump sued by New York over ‘Trump University’
08/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Albany, N.Y. – New York’s attorney general has filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump over purported deception concerning “Trump University.” As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the $40 million lawsuit alleges the venture failed on promises to help students increase their financial wealth and charged expensive fees to the 5,000 students who signed up.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is quoted by the AP as stating, “Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers’ advancement through costly programs and caused real financial harm… Trump University, with Donald Trump’s knowledge and participation, relied on Trump’s name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand.”
Each of the students reportedly paid up to $35,000 in costs for seminars and other program items. The university, which was renamed the Trump Entrepreneur Institute in 2011, has received numerous complaints from consumers over its advertised claims.
The case will be handled in the state Supreme Court in Manhattan.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New York Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick