Donald Trump sued by New York over ‘Trump University’
08/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Albany, N.Y. – New York’s attorney general has filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump over purported deception concerning “Trump University.” As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the $40 million lawsuit alleges the venture failed on promises to help students increase their financial wealth and charged expensive fees to the 5,000 students who signed up.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is quoted by the AP as stating, “Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers’ advancement through costly programs and caused real financial harm… Trump University, with Donald Trump’s knowledge and participation, relied on Trump’s name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand.”
Each of the students reportedly paid up to $35,000 in costs for seminars and other program items. The university, which was renamed the Trump Entrepreneur Institute in 2011, has received numerous complaints from consumers over its advertised claims.
The case will be handled in the state Supreme Court in Manhattan.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New York Legal News
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Minnesota man on trial for teens’ deaths linked to break in
- Mother pleads guilty after drug overdose in McDonald’s play area
- Complaints over Michelle Obama graduation speech
- Woman sues over being denied ‘8THEIST’ license plate
- AMR effort to terminate retiree benefits blocked
- Crying child suffocated over video game
- Massachusetts teacher not punished for thrown chair
- Wyoming student jumps to death after eating marijuana cookie
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot