Donald Trump sued by New York over ‘Trump University’
08/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Albany, N.Y. – New York’s attorney general has filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump over purported deception concerning “Trump University.” As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the $40 million lawsuit alleges the venture failed on promises to help students increase their financial wealth and charged expensive fees to the 5,000 students who signed up.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is quoted by the AP as stating, “Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers’ advancement through costly programs and caused real financial harm… Trump University, with Donald Trump’s knowledge and participation, relied on Trump’s name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand.”
Each of the students reportedly paid up to $35,000 in costs for seminars and other program items. The university, which was renamed the Trump Entrepreneur Institute in 2011, has received numerous complaints from consumers over its advertised claims.
The case will be handled in the state Supreme Court in Manhattan.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New York Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Miley Cyrus concert gets banned over ‘morality’ issues
- Singer sued over concert ad artwork
- UPS Store affected by data breach
- “Mike Brown Law” Petition sent to White House
- Feds issue report saying Beyoncé and Jay Z Cuba trip legal
- Del Taco Gresham accused of prohibiting workers from getting pregnant
- Involuntary eye movements may be sign of ADHD
- ‘Real Housewives’ star doesn’t want cameras at sentencing hearing
- Julia Roberts, husband receive honor from LGBT group
- Anna Nicole Smith estate loses final bid in battle over ex-husband’s estate