Donald Trump sued by New York over ‘Trump University’
08/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Albany, N.Y. – New York’s attorney general has filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump over purported deception concerning “Trump University.” As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the $40 million lawsuit alleges the venture failed on promises to help students increase their financial wealth and charged expensive fees to the 5,000 students who signed up.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is quoted by the AP as stating, “Trump University engaged in deception at every stage of consumers’ advancement through costly programs and caused real financial harm… Trump University, with Donald Trump’s knowledge and participation, relied on Trump’s name recognition and celebrity status to take advantage of consumers who believed in the Trump brand.”
Each of the students reportedly paid up to $35,000 in costs for seminars and other program items. The university, which was renamed the Trump Entrepreneur Institute in 2011, has received numerous complaints from consumers over its advertised claims.
The case will be handled in the state Supreme Court in Manhattan.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New York Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping