Plane Crashes Caused by Pilot Error
08/21/2013 // jcreiterlaw // Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter // (press release)
Like most people in America, many New Yorkers were disheartened to hear about the July 6 Asiana Airlines plane crash at the San Francisco International Airport which left two teens dead and injured many other passengers. The scheduled transpacific passenger flight traveling from Incheon International Airport, South Korea, Asiana Airlines Flight 214 crashed while attempting a landing at the airport. It landed short of the runway threshold.
Investigations into the circumstances of the crash are ongoing, however a major focus has been on what role pilot error may have played in the accident. Deborah Hersman, the head of the National Transportation Safety Board, revealed in a news conference early on that the pilot of the plane was halfway through his training for certification in type to fly a Boeing 777 and the instructor pilot seated beside him was traveling as an instructor pilot for the first time.
Hersman is quoted in a CNN report as stating, “there’s still a lot of work to be done” regarding determining the cause of the crash.
As with any plane crash, a thorough investigation is required to determine the cause. When pilot error is found to be a factor, those injured may be entitled to seek financial compensation for medical expenses and other damages they have incurred as a result. The families of wrongful death victims in these cases can also pursue related claims. Pilot error may be linked to distraction in the cockpit, inadequate training or time in type or other types of negligence or wrongdoing.
This news was brought to you by the Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter, that is immediately available to help family members or those who have been injured in a plane crash and would like to assess their legal options. If more information on legal rights surrounding plane crashes is needed, the Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter’s New York plane crash attorneys should be contacted for a free case evaluation.
Address: New York, NY
Phone: (212) 736-0979
Url: New York Injury Accident Lawyer
Other News / Press Releases
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- NYC, Citi Bike Face $15M Lawsuit From Bicycle Accident
- Two Beacon School Students Burnt in Science Lab Experiment
- Man Crushed Between Platform and Subway Train at Wall Street Station
- The Serious Consequences of Surgical Errors
- Freak Storm Causes Scaffold Collapse at Construction Site in Times Square
- Families of Metro-North Train Derailment Victims Go Uncompensated
- NYC med mal attorney Report-Claims Involving Contaminated Hospital Equipment
- N.Y. Construction Accident Law Part 8: Scaffold Accidents
- Injured in the Emergency Room Jonathan C. Reiter can help!