IKEA Beds Recalled for Injury Risks, is your Child’s Bed Included?
08/21/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y.—IKEA and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has voluntarily recalled KRITTER and SNIGLAR junior beds because of laceration hazards posed by a defective component. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 15, 2013.
The KRITTER and SNIGLAR junior beds were recalled after discovering that the metal rod connecting the guard rail to the bed frame can break, which poses a laceration hazard to consumers.
“These recalled IKEA junior beds include the KRITTER and SNIGLAR models with a guard rail on one side. The pine wood KRITTER beds have animal cut-outs, such as a dog and cat on the headboard and a date stamp of 1114 to 1322 representing the year and week of production (YYWW). The SNIGLAR natural beech wood beds have a white painted fiberboard insert on the headboard and footboard of the bed and a date stamp of 1114 to 1318. The beds measure about 65 inches long by 30 inches wide with a 22 to 26 inch high headboard. The date stamp appears on a label attached to either the headboard or the underside of the bed. Model numbers included in the recall are 600.904.70 for the KRITTER and 500.871.66 for the SNIGLAR, supplier number 15361 (KRITTER) and 19740 or 18157 (SNIGLAR) printed on the same label as the date stamp,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact IKEA for a free repair kit.
The beds were sold in IKEA stores nationwide, as well as online at Ikea-usa.com.
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact IKEA toll-free at (888) 966-4532= or online at www.ikea-usa.com and click on the recall link on the top of the page.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada
- Look Who’s Cookin’ In CT!
- Hot Employment Law Topic: Equal Pay in Texas