Celebrity moms urge passage of anti-paparazzi bill for kids’ protection
08/15/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Sacramento, CA – Celebrity mothers Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner appeared at a legislative hearing this week urging the passage of an anti-paparazzi bill. As reported by Reuters, the two women spoke in support of a measure that would increase state penalties for the harassment of children.
Halle Berry is quoted by Reuters as saying of the measure during her testimony, “What this bill would do is give us our rights back so that we can protect our children.” Berry has one daughter and is currently pregnant with her second child.
Offering emotional testimony, Garner also stated, “How often do we see a tragedy unfold and say, ‘Oh, there were so many warning signs – why didn’t anybody pay attention?… I am asking you as a parent to pay attention.”
Garner, who is married to actor Ben Affleck, has three children.
On Tuesday, the Assembly Public Safety Committee voted to support the bill.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – California Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash