Celebrity moms urge passage of anti-paparazzi bill for kids’ protection
08/15/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Sacramento, CA – Celebrity mothers Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner appeared at a legislative hearing this week urging the passage of an anti-paparazzi bill. As reported by Reuters, the two women spoke in support of a measure that would increase state penalties for the harassment of children.
Halle Berry is quoted by Reuters as saying of the measure during her testimony, “What this bill would do is give us our rights back so that we can protect our children.” Berry has one daughter and is currently pregnant with her second child.
Offering emotional testimony, Garner also stated, “How often do we see a tragedy unfold and say, ‘Oh, there were so many warning signs – why didn’t anybody pay attention?… I am asking you as a parent to pay attention.”
Garner, who is married to actor Ben Affleck, has three children.
On Tuesday, the Assembly Public Safety Committee voted to support the bill.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – California Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’