Celebrity moms urge passage of anti-paparazzi bill for kids’ protection
08/15/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Sacramento, CA – Celebrity mothers Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner appeared at a legislative hearing this week urging the passage of an anti-paparazzi bill. As reported by Reuters, the two women spoke in support of a measure that would increase state penalties for the harassment of children.
Halle Berry is quoted by Reuters as saying of the measure during her testimony, “What this bill would do is give us our rights back so that we can protect our children.” Berry has one daughter and is currently pregnant with her second child.
Offering emotional testimony, Garner also stated, “How often do we see a tragedy unfold and say, ‘Oh, there were so many warning signs – why didn’t anybody pay attention?… I am asking you as a parent to pay attention.”
Garner, who is married to actor Ben Affleck, has three children.
On Tuesday, the Assembly Public Safety Committee voted to support the bill.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – California Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California
- Nevada trucking company may be liable for millions in crash
- Idaho crash triggered after driver’s armpit hair burned
- Ferguson protestors seek removal of prosecutor investigating shooting
- New debate over history books in Texas classrooms