Girl electrocuted in swimming pool
07/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
North Carolina – An 11-year-old girl was electrocuted in a swimming pool after a power line fell nearby. As reported by Fox 8 WGHP, Lauren Cecil, received a fatal shock from the power line after it snapped adjacent to the Brookside Swim Club pool on Tuesday.
Lauren reportedly grabbed a metal ladder to lift herself out of the pool when the incident occurred. Julie Rhodes, president of the swim club, is quoted in the report as stating, “When she grabbed the ladder, it looked like a big shock went through her.”
Rhodes is further quoted as stating, “We all tried reach down and grab her and it was shocking us when we touched her, so we ended up having to get the body board… And got it under her and held her head up with the kick board.”
Lauren was reportedly transported to Wake Forest Baptist Health — Lexington Medical Center and pronounced dead on arrival.
Officials have closed the pool until further notice.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping