Girl electrocuted in swimming pool
07/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
North Carolina – An 11-year-old girl was electrocuted in a swimming pool after a power line fell nearby. As reported by Fox 8 WGHP, Lauren Cecil, received a fatal shock from the power line after it snapped adjacent to the Brookside Swim Club pool on Tuesday.
Lauren reportedly grabbed a metal ladder to lift herself out of the pool when the incident occurred. Julie Rhodes, president of the swim club, is quoted in the report as stating, “When she grabbed the ladder, it looked like a big shock went through her.”
Rhodes is further quoted as stating, “We all tried reach down and grab her and it was shocking us when we touched her, so we ended up having to get the body board… And got it under her and held her head up with the kick board.”
Lauren was reportedly transported to Wake Forest Baptist Health — Lexington Medical Center and pronounced dead on arrival.
Officials have closed the pool until further notice.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina personal injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot
- Mayor arrested on drug cartel extortion charges
- Former priest convicted in sex abuse case
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident