Girl electrocuted in swimming pool
07/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
North Carolina – An 11-year-old girl was electrocuted in a swimming pool after a power line fell nearby. As reported by Fox 8 WGHP, Lauren Cecil, received a fatal shock from the power line after it snapped adjacent to the Brookside Swim Club pool on Tuesday.
Lauren reportedly grabbed a metal ladder to lift herself out of the pool when the incident occurred. Julie Rhodes, president of the swim club, is quoted in the report as stating, “When she grabbed the ladder, it looked like a big shock went through her.”
Rhodes is further quoted as stating, “We all tried reach down and grab her and it was shocking us when we touched her, so we ended up having to get the body board… And got it under her and held her head up with the kick board.”
Lauren was reportedly transported to Wake Forest Baptist Health — Lexington Medical Center and pronounced dead on arrival.
Officials have closed the pool until further notice.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina personal injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Sharon Osbourne writes open letter to estranged brother on Facebook
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on Florida medical marijuana measure
- Teens arrested months after fatal car crash for allowing friend to drive drunk
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’
- Nigella Lawson testifies in fraud trial of former assistants
- Middle school principal accused of banning speaking Spanish
- New study suggests computer games may help older adults with walking