Girl electrocuted in swimming pool
07/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
North Carolina – An 11-year-old girl was electrocuted in a swimming pool after a power line fell nearby. As reported by Fox 8 WGHP, Lauren Cecil, received a fatal shock from the power line after it snapped adjacent to the Brookside Swim Club pool on Tuesday.
Lauren reportedly grabbed a metal ladder to lift herself out of the pool when the incident occurred. Julie Rhodes, president of the swim club, is quoted in the report as stating, “When she grabbed the ladder, it looked like a big shock went through her.”
Rhodes is further quoted as stating, “We all tried reach down and grab her and it was shocking us when we touched her, so we ended up having to get the body board… And got it under her and held her head up with the kick board.”
Lauren was reportedly transported to Wake Forest Baptist Health — Lexington Medical Center and pronounced dead on arrival.
Officials have closed the pool until further notice.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Square introduces update that allows people to text money
- Netflix petitions against Comcast/Time Warner Cable merger
- Actor apologizes for arrest of son
- Study suggests weight loss more difficult for poor
- Navy nurse sent back to U.S. after refusing to force-feed hunger strikers
- Former Virginia governor to provide additional testimony in corruption trial
- Trial opens for woman accused of kidnapping, assaulting child
- Rick Perry adds sixth attorney to legal team
- Divorce announced for Elizabeth Vargas, husband amid rehab reports
- Nick Cannon confirms he and Mariah are separated