Girl electrocuted in swimming pool
07/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
North Carolina – An 11-year-old girl was electrocuted in a swimming pool after a power line fell nearby. As reported by Fox 8 WGHP, Lauren Cecil, received a fatal shock from the power line after it snapped adjacent to the Brookside Swim Club pool on Tuesday.
Lauren reportedly grabbed a metal ladder to lift herself out of the pool when the incident occurred. Julie Rhodes, president of the swim club, is quoted in the report as stating, “When she grabbed the ladder, it looked like a big shock went through her.”
Rhodes is further quoted as stating, “We all tried reach down and grab her and it was shocking us when we touched her, so we ended up having to get the body board… And got it under her and held her head up with the kick board.”
Lauren was reportedly transported to Wake Forest Baptist Health — Lexington Medical Center and pronounced dead on arrival.
Officials have closed the pool until further notice.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina personal injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’