Food Network reality show contestant sues over prize
07/19/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – A Food Network reality show contest has filed a lawsuit after being disappointed in his prize. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Kris Herrera, who won on the first season of Giving You the Business, a show in which contestants are not aware that they are being filmed by hidden cameras as they compete in food service challenges, says he was not given his own franchise as promised for winning the competition.
Herrera claims that after managing New York frozen yogurt franchise 16 Handles, and being told he would be given his own location, he was only provided a single share of non-transferable, non-voting stock in its parent company.
Herrera is quoted in the report as saying in a statement of the matter, “I feel like it’s a total fraud. They lied to me and they are lying to the American public… Every week dozens of people come into the store and congratulate me on winning my own franchise store. They don’t know all I got was the shaft.”
The lawsuit is accusing the Food Network of breach of contract, fraud and violation of Herrera’s right to privacy and publicity.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot
- Mayor arrested on drug cartel extortion charges
- Former priest convicted in sex abuse case
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident