07/16/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Canada – The death of “Glee” star Cory Monteith was caused by an overdose of heroin and alcohol according to Canadian authorities. As reported by Reuters, Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday in a hotel room in Vancouver.
The British Columbia Coroners Service released information about findings following post-mortem testing on the actor, stating in the release that he died of “mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol.” Monteith had completed a voluntary addiction treatment program in April.
Barb McLintock, a spokeswoman for the Coroners Service, is quoted by Reuters as stating, “There is absolutely nothing at this point, no evidence to suggest this is anything but the most sad and tragic accident.”
Monteith was in a relationship with his “Glee” co-star Lea Michele, who played his love interest on the show.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Canada legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401