Officials shut down farm after possible heat-related death
07/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
McFarland, CA – Cal/OSHA has shut down Etchegaray Farms LLC following the possible heat-related death of a farmworker. As reported by 23ABC News, workplace safety officials in California shut down the farm amid allegations that the farm operator failed to provide workers access to shade and other hazards.
The farmworker, identified as 37-year-old Juan Ochoa, was reportedly checking irrigation equipment in a lemon orchard when he collapsed. Temperatures in the nearby community had purportedly reached 106 degrees that afternoon.
The brother of the victim who had worked with him on the day he died alleged neither shade nor water was made available to workers and he could not get cell phone reception to call for help when his brother collapsed.
Officials are still investigating the allegations and circumstances of Ochoa’s death.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in California legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results
- Charges filed against man in overdose of 9-year-old
- Phaedra Parks opens up about divorce, addresses rumors
- Marshawn Lynch accuser charged with making a false statement
- Human remains found on property of missing woman’s daughter
- Tori Spelling seeks relationship advice from unexpected source
- Multiple explosions set off two-alarm fire near Maytown