Officials shut down farm after possible heat-related death
07/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
McFarland, CA – Cal/OSHA has shut down Etchegaray Farms LLC following the possible heat-related death of a farmworker. As reported by 23ABC News, workplace safety officials in California shut down the farm amid allegations that the farm operator failed to provide workers access to shade and other hazards.
The farmworker, identified as 37-year-old Juan Ochoa, was reportedly checking irrigation equipment in a lemon orchard when he collapsed. Temperatures in the nearby community had purportedly reached 106 degrees that afternoon.
The brother of the victim who had worked with him on the day he died alleged neither shade nor water was made available to workers and he could not get cell phone reception to call for help when his brother collapsed.
Officials are still investigating the allegations and circumstances of Ochoa’s death.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in California legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Minnesota man on trial for teens’ deaths linked to break in
- Mother pleads guilty after drug overdose in McDonald’s play area
- Complaints over Michelle Obama graduation speech
- Woman sues over being denied ‘8THEIST’ license plate
- AMR effort to terminate retiree benefits blocked
- Crying child suffocated over video game
- Massachusetts teacher not punished for thrown chair
- Wyoming student jumps to death after eating marijuana cookie
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot