Montana inmate shot to death after escape
07/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – An escaped inmate was fatally shot in Montana after a standoff on Friday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dean Randolph Jess was killed by a Yellowstone County deputy after escaping from Montana State Prison and being pursued by authorities.
Jess was reportedly driving a stolen Jeep and became pinned in by patrol cars at an intersection before locking his doors and refusing to get out of his vehicle, according to Sheriff Mike Linder. A standoff ensued that lasted 15 to 20 minutes.
Linder is quoted by the AP as stating of the shooting, “The deputy felt his life was in danger…Somebody points a gun at me and I have a gun pointed at him, I’m going to try to shoot him before he shoots me.”
In accordance with Montana law, a coroner’s inquest is expected to be held to determine whether the shooting was justified.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Former OPD chief testifies in gender-discrimination lawsuit
- Mariska Hartigay praises funding for rape kit testing
- Lyft allows employers to pick up tab for employee rides
- Agreement reached between Amazon and Hachette
- Woman claims singer’s voice gives her seizures
- Window washers saved after dangling from One World Trade Center
- Age of mother affects child’s performance at school
- Pilot error linked to fatal East Haven crash
- Lewy body dementia reportedly contributed to Robin Williams’ suicide
- Eminem makes threats to singer in new rap