Montana inmate shot to death after escape
07/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – An escaped inmate was fatally shot in Montana after a standoff on Friday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dean Randolph Jess was killed by a Yellowstone County deputy after escaping from Montana State Prison and being pursued by authorities.
Jess was reportedly driving a stolen Jeep and became pinned in by patrol cars at an intersection before locking his doors and refusing to get out of his vehicle, according to Sheriff Mike Linder. A standoff ensued that lasted 15 to 20 minutes.
Linder is quoted by the AP as stating of the shooting, “The deputy felt his life was in danger…Somebody points a gun at me and I have a gun pointed at him, I’m going to try to shoot him before he shoots me.”
In accordance with Montana law, a coroner’s inquest is expected to be held to determine whether the shooting was justified.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Actress breaks down discussing parents’ deportation in interview
- Sister of Sharon Tate calls Charles Manson wedding ‘insane’
- Don Lemon offers apology to Cosby rape accuser
- Dean McDermott claims relationship with Spelling improving
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss