Montana inmate shot to death after escape
07/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – An escaped inmate was fatally shot in Montana after a standoff on Friday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dean Randolph Jess was killed by a Yellowstone County deputy after escaping from Montana State Prison and being pursued by authorities.
Jess was reportedly driving a stolen Jeep and became pinned in by patrol cars at an intersection before locking his doors and refusing to get out of his vehicle, according to Sheriff Mike Linder. A standoff ensued that lasted 15 to 20 minutes.
Linder is quoted by the AP as stating of the shooting, “The deputy felt his life was in danger…Somebody points a gun at me and I have a gun pointed at him, I’m going to try to shoot him before he shoots me.”
In accordance with Montana law, a coroner’s inquest is expected to be held to determine whether the shooting was justified.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick
- Google announces addition of new languages for Google Translate
- 11-year-old steals money from grandmother, attempts to take taxi to Florida
- Lawsuit filed against Tyra Banks over ‘Top Model’ prize
- Former “Beverly Hillbillies” star files lawsuit against CBS
- Man jailed after stealing piece of Paul Walker crash car
- Dr. Dre highest earning musician of the year