Montana inmate shot to death after escape
07/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – An escaped inmate was fatally shot in Montana after a standoff on Friday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dean Randolph Jess was killed by a Yellowstone County deputy after escaping from Montana State Prison and being pursued by authorities.
Jess was reportedly driving a stolen Jeep and became pinned in by patrol cars at an intersection before locking his doors and refusing to get out of his vehicle, according to Sheriff Mike Linder. A standoff ensued that lasted 15 to 20 minutes.
Linder is quoted by the AP as stating of the shooting, “The deputy felt his life was in danger…Somebody points a gun at me and I have a gun pointed at him, I’m going to try to shoot him before he shoots me.”
In accordance with Montana law, a coroner’s inquest is expected to be held to determine whether the shooting was justified.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks
- Ebola patient’s boyfriend, dog placed in isolation
- Atheist jailed for parole violation wins settlement over religious objections
- City of Houston demands sermons from pastors