Montana inmate shot to death after escape
07/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – An escaped inmate was fatally shot in Montana after a standoff on Friday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Dean Randolph Jess was killed by a Yellowstone County deputy after escaping from Montana State Prison and being pursued by authorities.
Jess was reportedly driving a stolen Jeep and became pinned in by patrol cars at an intersection before locking his doors and refusing to get out of his vehicle, according to Sheriff Mike Linder. A standoff ensued that lasted 15 to 20 minutes.
Linder is quoted by the AP as stating of the shooting, “The deputy felt his life was in danger…Somebody points a gun at me and I have a gun pointed at him, I’m going to try to shoot him before he shoots me.”
In accordance with Montana law, a coroner’s inquest is expected to be held to determine whether the shooting was justified.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father