Couple dies along trail to popular rock formation
07/05/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Arizona – A couple was found dead along a trail to a popular rock formation Thursday. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), authorities said Ulrich and Patricia Wahli, of Campbell, Calif likely succumbed to extreme heat temperatures after setting off hiking en route to The Wave.
Only 20 hikers are allowed per day to visit the sandstone rock formation at Vermilion Cliffs National Monument in Arizona by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
The bodies of the couple were found by other hiker Thursday morning. Kevin Wright, manager of Vermilion Cliffs National Monument is quoted by the AP as stating of an impending investigation into their deaths, “We don’t even know what caused these fatalities, which are obviously a tragedy… We are going to see what the cause was, then review our policies and procedures.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Arizona injury news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare
- Gunman opens fire in Delaware hospital
- Teen has record number of teeth removed
- Lawyers say Arizona inmate gasped during botched execution