Dad facing charges after son saves him in crash
07/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Massachusetts – A Massachusetts father is now facing charges after his son saved him in a car accident. As reported by ABC News, police have decided to press criminal charges against Eugene Garcia, although the nature of the charges have not yet been disclosed.
Garcia’s 8-year-old son, Joshua, was riding in the car with his father, when it hit a guardrail, became airborne, and landed in a river sandbank upside down. Joshua Garcia subsequently swam to shore and walked almost have an hour home to call 911. Both were transported to the hospital after police responded to the scene, and were treated and released.
Paul McNamara, traffic specialist for the Fitchburg Police Department, is quoted in the report as stating of the son, “He is a hero.”
Police are reportedly still investigating the accident.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Massachusetts legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult