CPSC: Tern Folding Bikes by Stile Products Recalled for Fall Hazards
07/05/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Stile Products have voluntarily recalled Tern folding bicycles due to fall hazards posed to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on June 27, 2013.
The Tern folding bicycles were recalled after discovering that the bike’s frame can crack at the hinge on the top tube, which poses a fall hazard.
“The recall involves Eclipse S11i and Verge S11i, X10, X20 and X30h models of Tern brand folding bikes. The 24-inch wheel Eclipse model was sold in a silver/black color combination. The 20-inch wheel Verge models were sold in silver/black, orange/white, red/black and yellow/grey color combinations. ‘Tern’ is printed on the front end of the top tube and on portion of the frame. The model name is printed on the middle of the top tube. The frame has a 10-character alphanumeric serial number that begins with AM1A or from AM1102 through AM1207. The serial number is stamped on the bottom bracket shell of the bike. An alphanumeric service tag number located on the front of the seat tube will be requested. The bicycles’ service tag numbers included on this recall are listed on the firm’s website,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact Stile Products or take the bike to an authorized dealer to receive a free frame and have it installed at no cost.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Stile Products; toll-free at (888) 570-8376 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or online at www.ternbicycles.com and click on Product Recall Information for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada