Target, Home Depot fire Paula Deen, will phase out products
06/27/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Georgia – The list of corporate sponsors who are turning their back on television chef Paula Deen continues to grow. As reported by ABC News Blogs, Target and the Home Depot are among the list of retailers who are severing ties with the star after her admitting to using racial slurs.
A spokesperson for Target is quoted in the report as stating to ABC News Radio, “We have made a decision to phase out the Paula Deen merchandise in our stores as well as on Target.com. Once the merchandise is sold out, we will not be replenishing inventory.”
The Food Network, with whom Deen has had a relationship with for over a decade also announced last week that it would not be renewing a contract with her.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Georgia legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Poll suggests Florida voters support legalizing medical marijuana
- Jesse Ventura awarded $1.8 million in defamation lawsuit
- Manufacturer agrees to nearly $800 million preliminary fund for asbestos victims
- Company sues ‘Duck Dynasty’ over trademarked phrase
- NCAA agrees to $70 million settlement fund in head injury case
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash