Target, Home Depot fire Paula Deen, will phase out products
06/27/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Georgia – The list of corporate sponsors who are turning their back on television chef Paula Deen continues to grow. As reported by ABC News Blogs, Target and the Home Depot are among the list of retailers who are severing ties with the star after her admitting to using racial slurs.
A spokesperson for Target is quoted in the report as stating to ABC News Radio, “We have made a decision to phase out the Paula Deen merchandise in our stores as well as on Target.com. Once the merchandise is sold out, we will not be replenishing inventory.”
The Food Network, with whom Deen has had a relationship with for over a decade also announced last week that it would not be renewing a contract with her.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Georgia legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate
- Casey Kasem’s daughter seeks autopsy in father’s death
- Gay marriage ban void upheld by federal court
- Yellowstone sites closed after hot spot melts road
- Judge allows tenant additional time at ‘Real Housewives’ couples’ home
- Gay marriage approved by judge in Florida Keys
- Meningitis victims questioned in FBI probe
- Approval given to hire 100 workers for Georgia child safety case investigations
- KKK uses candy filled goodie bags to recruit new members