Target, Home Depot fire Paula Deen, will phase out products
06/27/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Georgia – The list of corporate sponsors who are turning their back on television chef Paula Deen continues to grow. As reported by ABC News Blogs, Target and the Home Depot are among the list of retailers who are severing ties with the star after her admitting to using racial slurs.
A spokesperson for Target is quoted in the report as stating to ABC News Radio, “We have made a decision to phase out the Paula Deen merchandise in our stores as well as on Target.com. Once the merchandise is sold out, we will not be replenishing inventory.”
The Food Network, with whom Deen has had a relationship with for over a decade also announced last week that it would not be renewing a contract with her.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Georgia legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- 90s R&B singer dies in freak accident
- Lacey Spears found guilty in death of child
- Judge Judy contract extended by CBS to 2020
- Rosie O’Donnell, Michelle Rounds to divorce
- Amber Rose’s body cited in manslaughter case
- New cyber intelligence agency created by Obama
- Former Colorado police chief says JonBenet Ramsey case mishandled
- Giuliana Rancic makes apology after dreadlock comment controversy
- Apple emoji options to become more diverse
- Southwest Airlines grounds planes over inspection oversight