CPSC: Horizon Lobby Recalls Dynamite 7.4 V LiPo Batteries for Fire Hazards
06/26/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y. — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Horizon Lobby have voluntarily recalled Dynamite 7.4 V LiPo Batteries because of fire hazards posed to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on June 25, 2013.
The batteries were recalled after discovering that the positive and negative battery leads are incorrectly wired to the battery connector. The use or charging of the battery can cause the battery to overheat, which poses a fire hazard to consumers.
“This recall involves Dynamite 7.4 volt LiPo batteries that are used to power Horizon Hobby’s Losi Micro remote control vehicles. The batteries measure about 2 inches long by 1 inch wide by ½ inch thick. The batteries were sold separately from the vehicles and have red and black wires coming out of the end into a white plastic connector. Dynamite, 180 mAh, 2S, 20C Li-Po and DYN1429 are printed on the side of the black and orange batteries,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to disconnect the battery from the product or charger and return the battery to Horizon Hobby for a full refund or a replacement battery.
For more information about the battery recall, consumers can contact Horizon Hobby; toll-free at (877) 504-0233 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT on Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. CT on Sunday, or online at www.horizonhobby.com and click on Product Recalls at the bottom of the page for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Could Technology Have Prevented The Metro-North Commuter Train Derailment?
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City