Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
06/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
US – The former wife of Allen Iverson has filed court papers claiming the basketball player abducted their five children. As reported by UPI.com, Tawanna Iverson filed the documents saying Allen Iverson refused to return the children after requesting permission to take them on a trip to Charlotte, N.C. The children were purportedly supposed to be returned to their mother on May 26th.
Tawanna Iverson has also made claims that her ex-husband has struggled with alcoholism and is keeping the children in a hotel in Georgia.
A judge is quoted in the report as stating of Iverson during a previous court appearance in which both Allen and Tawanna Iverson were present, “He does not know how to manage the children…[He] has been a hindrance to their spiritual and emotional growth and development.”
Iverson may reportedly be facing jail time for missed child support payments.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in US legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Iraqi Christians ordered by Islamic State to convert
- Missing Marine wife may have been shot, warrant suggests
- Rain halts exhumation of bodies of teenage girls allegedly raped
- Attorneys for restaurant say former mayor should disclose medical details
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate
- Casey Kasem’s daughter seeks autopsy in father’s death
- Gay marriage ban void upheld by federal court
- Yellowstone sites closed after hot spot melts road
- Judge allows tenant additional time at ‘Real Housewives’ couples’ home