Runaway Semi Trailer Kills 7 in Central New York
06/06/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Truxton, NY — Seven people were killed when a trailer of a semi-truck loaded with crushed cars disconnected from the truck and slammed into a minivan in central New York. The fatal automobile accident occurred Wednesday night, May 29, 2013 in Cortland County, just south of Syracuse.
A semi-truck was reportedly transporting a trailer with crushed cards when it broke free from the rig that was pulling it. The trailer then crossed a rural two-lane road where it slammed into a minivan.
The driver of the minivan, Carino Vanorden, 24, and his fiancé, Lena Beckwith, 21, of DeRuyter were killed in the wreck.
Teresa Bush 26, her two daughters, Alexis, 4, and Jasmine, 5; and Alyssa Mead, 7; and Tyler Mead, 4, were also killed in the wreck.
The father of the two Meade children, Shawn Mead, was taken to Upstate University Hospital for treatment.
Investigators determined that the crash was caused by a mechanical failure. A part intended to securely lock the coupling between the tractor and trailer had failed, which led to the fatal crash. It is unknown why the coupling failed at this time.
Investigations are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York automobile accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Could Technology Have Prevented The Metro-North Commuter Train Derailment?
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City