Runaway Semi Trailer Kills 7 in Central New York
06/06/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Truxton, NY — Seven people were killed when a trailer of a semi-truck loaded with crushed cars disconnected from the truck and slammed into a minivan in central New York. The fatal automobile accident occurred Wednesday night, May 29, 2013 in Cortland County, just south of Syracuse.
A semi-truck was reportedly transporting a trailer with crushed cards when it broke free from the rig that was pulling it. The trailer then crossed a rural two-lane road where it slammed into a minivan.
The driver of the minivan, Carino Vanorden, 24, and his fiancé, Lena Beckwith, 21, of DeRuyter were killed in the wreck.
Teresa Bush 26, her two daughters, Alexis, 4, and Jasmine, 5; and Alyssa Mead, 7; and Tyler Mead, 4, were also killed in the wreck.
The father of the two Meade children, Shawn Mead, was taken to Upstate University Hospital for treatment.
Investigators determined that the crash was caused by a mechanical failure. A part intended to securely lock the coupling between the tractor and trailer had failed, which led to the fatal crash. It is unknown why the coupling failed at this time.
Investigations are underway.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York automobile accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada